Good Drills

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by muzzleflash, Aug 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. aye, well done.
  2. Well done girl, you placed the life of someone else over and above your own. You risked your own life to save someone ele's. That takes guts and is the ultimate form of self-sacrifice.
  3. Well done Pte Norris - and fair play to The Sun (happens now and then) for running the story and bringing to the public's eyes the bravery of our soldiers currently on Ops.
  4. Yes Bloody Well Done girl, hope you recieve the appropriate decoration.
  5. Well done to her !!
  6. Well done Pte Norris, doing the Corps proud.
  7. top job

She should get her holey daysack on ebay
  8. Fecking good effort!!
  9. Fantastic effort. I just hope the award is high enough.
  10. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

Good effort - deserves recognition.
  11. That should put the women in the army debate to bed then, well done Pte Norris.
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well done that woman.

Yeah get the holed daysack on ebay for sure, should make her a few quid....
  13. Wow! I've nothing but praise for her and her actions. It takes a lot of bottle to do what she did. But then again, she's RAMC attached and that's what we do, innit.

14. Go girl, well done.

Reminds me of a chat (after a few small ones) I was involved in the other night. The one that starts with:

“The youth of today”, “play station generation”, “In my day” etc, ect.

There are plenty of people on this site (me included) who give our young lads & girls a hard time. The “What’s wrong with subbies today“ thread is just 1 example. Maybe we should sometimes focus on the positives?

Yes the world has changed since I went through training, hasn’t it ever been the case, yes we take a perverse pleasure in the fact we had it harder in our day, as do our predecessors.

As is widely acknowledged, Iraq and Afghanistan are currently providing some of the most testing situations (on a large scale) the army has had to face in modern times. Despite the “rubbish” training regimes, despite the fact that they are supposedly chronically unfit and only play on their computers all day (kettle & pots) and despite them all being a bunch of “Chavs” Our young lads and girls are producing outstanding results on a daily basis.

Pte Norris is just 1 example (amongst dozens) of the fact that our young soldiers are not less able than in the past, they are just a different generation.

Once again very well done for your utter professionalism, selfless commitment and tremendous courage.

Unfortunately, I now await the scurrilous sneering and undermining of your actions, which happen far to often.