Good Drills or Bad Role Model?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by macattack, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Good Drills on his part - well done son!!!

0 vote(s)
  2. Bad Role Model - Dad - you need to have a word

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My 14 year old son has just come in from attending cadets, hung his beret up and then taken a chilled Magners from the fridge and is now sat on the sofa telling us about his evening.

now is this good drills on his part - finished work and swift one down the NAAFI (or my front room equivalent).

or did I set a bad role model by doing the very same for the first 12 years of his life?

My only concern is he didn't get the round in and i had to get my own!!
  2. Good Drills
  3. Good drills mate would you rather he sat in the house having a sociable drink with you were you could keep an eye on him or down the park chocking on his own spew from a £1.99 tesco value cider bottle
  4. I'd be more concerned about him drinking Magners. Get the lad on real ale or bitter before you scar him for life ! :threaten:

Edited to add - second the above post !
  5. good drills bit, as he comfortable to do so in your home and not doing it on chave street

bad drills... he didn't get you one pops!!!!
  6. Seconded, also he's got a jack drink and not a round in. If all he has to do is bring them from the fridge and not even pay for them. What sort of example have you set. shame on you!
  7. Nice one, but I guess him getting his own in and not getting the round is also him taking after you!!! :razz:
  8. Seconded!

But you need to get him to get the round in....!
  9. Well done that man :thumright: (boy)

All you need to do now is get him a fake ID so you can send him to the shop to stock the fridge back up.
  10. i voted bad role model because hes drinking magners and was jack, teach him to drink a proper mans drink; either a proper bitter not a smooth or a Guiness. Also 14 is about right to start drinking want him to start regretting whilst drunk shagging a fat bird twice his age.
  11. Get the jack sod doing knees to the chest whilst shouting 'I MUST GET DAD A PINT AS WELL..I MUST GET DAD A PINT AS WELL...'

But other than that, Good drills.
  12. Good drills! But as everyone else has said, get him on a proper drink.
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Definitely bad drills! Voted as such above.

Young Macattack jnr SHOULD have come into the house, said "Dad, I've got to get my kit ready for next parade. Can you get me a can, and while you are at it can you make me an egg banjo?"

Now if the lad had done that then I would have said Good Drills :thumleft:
  14. He's a credit to you.
  15. Give him a clip round the ear...

for nicking your ale. Cheeky sod