Good coffee recommendations

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by DieHard, Mar 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

Over the last few months I have been trying out different coffees trying to find the one I like the most.
    At the moment its Taylors lava limited edition which is meant to be strength 5.
    The next one up lava java taste like its been filtered through an ashtray.
    So with the coffee I like being a limited edition, I am going to be looking for a new one, and I thought that maybe some Arrse members may be able to recommend some to me.

2. Kopi luwak, I have been trying to replicate this at home, the dogs can't look me in the face any more. :thumleft:

Try blue mountain, for a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Personally I like my coffee like my hot, dark, wet, women : Colombian. Just the thing to arouse the senses in the morning.
    Colombian coffee is for me the best. There is a brand called Colombus which I have had in Italy and its fantastic. But most decent Colombian beans are good as far as I am concerned.

(Disclaimer: I like Anglo Saxon chicks too but in relation to coffee it doesn't have the same ring to it. )

4. Grumpy Mule Organic Espresso Seasonal Blend Coffee Beans, rather expensive but absolute magic, heaven in a mug!! Impossible to f**k up – every time you pour this little beauty into your mug your legs are going to be quivering, barely able to take your weight, in anticipation of what is to come, as it's looks so good and smells so good you know it's going to blow you away. It's a heavy, thick coffee clearly designed for coffee connoisseurs - there's not a hint of gay-as-a-lord zestyness or citrus. It's just pure unadulterated C.O.F.F.E.E – very good reason to buy stupidly big mugs

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

so its just like mellow birds then?

6. Bulletproof coffee is something I keep hearing about. Seems to be the next big thing/fad.

I drink coffee from Colombia, Peru, Brazil purely because it makes me feel well travelled and exotic. These are places I want to travel to, so as I can't right now I'll consume products from there to appease myself.

7. I'm not sure which is the biggest exaggeration...that load of shite above or the crap in your signature.

8. What the ****'s wrong with Nescafe, you poofs?

9. It's shit? Do I win?

10. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

As for instant coffee, the only one I like is carte noir but i have to use two tablespoons to get anywhere the require strength.

11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

for instant i like the kenco one with mixed in ground coffee brill drop of joe .

I also go to ebay and buy flavoured ground coffee but am looking to roast my own beans and grind them meself .

12. I now only buy from www. drury.uk.com they have a huge selection of beans, they will grind to your'e requirements, and its good stuff. My favourate at the moment is Prime Honduran. But check out the discounts and delivery charge.

13. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer