Good Bye the Corps

Discussion in 'REME' started by methilman, May 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have completed my 24 Years Service tomorrow, fellow Corps members who know me, thank you guys it's been a pleasure for those who don't, stick it till the end....it's worth it.

Arte et Marte,

MM

2. Well done mate :bow:

You had just started when I finished :oops:

Welcome to Civvie Street, now't to it for an ex Arte!

3. Welcome to civvy strasse, now to be officially one rank above Field Marshall - MISTER !!!!

Can also allow your self to be called a "Veteran". Try not to blow all your dosh on the lash, if you are going to there are a few of us who will help you :D

Nobby

4. Best of luck MM.

I have just started my last 2 years, trying to plan when i can get my resettlement in, but seems to be more and more work building up!!!

Take care and hope it all pans out for you.

Regards

Edited for mong spelling

5. Although the pay is nowhere near one rank above Field Marshall! How does that work?

6. That depends on your job.

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Congratulations!

You are now officially entitled to a wonderful "Veteran's Badge" (apply at: http://www.veterans-uk.info/vets_badge/vets_badge.htm ) and all sorts of other benefits available only to those who have served their Country.

However, there aren't any, so best of luck!

8. Well dome MM, I will be joining you this year :p

9. :D

10. What job can you walk into on day one of leaving the Army in your new rank and pick up that kind of pay? A minimum of a 2% pay increase on top of the daily rate of a Field marshall, how much does that work out at?

Ive a feeling that this whole 'one rank above field marshall' thing is an urban myth!

11. :)

I've no idea how much a FM used to earn?

12. The highest rate of pay I could find was a Brigadier, annual rate of £100963.

13. Best of luck MM, bet you never thought you'd get this far when you were running round with stretchers at 24!

14. Cheers guys, got my veterans badge in the post from MCM the other day, will wear it with pride as much as I can, have to say I have been impressed by Glasgow on the discharge procedure, everything squared away on time (did I just say that!!!)

My parting advice to anyone coming to the end of service is take care of yourself, especially in the last 12 months, it's all about you and don't think anyone will force you into looking after number one. Best of luck.

Arte et Marte

15. Good luck, I left 2 years ago, miss bits about it, who wouldnt after over 23 years? bit of a weight lifted off the shoulders isnt it!