Good Bye the Corps

#1
I have completed my 24 Years Service tomorrow, fellow Corps members who know me, thank you guys it's been a pleasure for those who don't, stick it till the end....it's worth it.

Arte et Marte,

MM
 
#3
methilman said:
I have completed my 24 Years Service tomorrow, fellow Corps members who know me, thank you guys it's been a pleasure for those who don't, stick it till the end....it's worth it.

Arte et Marte,

MM
Welcome to civvy strasse, now to be officially one rank above Field Marshall - MISTER !!!!

Can also allow your self to be called a "Veteran". Try not to blow all your dosh on the lash, if you are going to there are a few of us who will help you :D

Nobby
 
#4
Best of luck MM.

I have just started my last 2 years, trying to plan when i can get my resettlement in, but seems to be more and more work building up!!!

Take care and hope it all pans out for you.

Regards


Edited for mong spelling
 
#6
RoyogtheRovers said:
Nobby_REME said:
Welcome to civvy strasse, now to be officially one rank above Field Marshall - MISTER !!!!
Although the pay is nowhere near one rank above Field Marshall! How does that work?
That depends on your job.
 
#10
smudge67 said:
RoyogtheRovers said:
Nobby_REME said:
Welcome to civvy strasse, now to be officially one rank above Field Marshall - MISTER !!!!
Although the pay is nowhere near one rank above Field Marshall! How does that work?
That depends on your job.
What job can you walk into on day one of leaving the Army in your new rank and pick up that kind of pay? A minimum of a 2% pay increase on top of the daily rate of a Field marshall, how much does that work out at?

Ive a feeling that this whole 'one rank above field marshall' thing is an urban myth!
 
#11
RoyogtheRovers said:
smudge67 said:
RoyogtheRovers said:
Nobby_REME said:
Welcome to civvy strasse, now to be officially one rank above Field Marshall - MISTER !!!!
Although the pay is nowhere near one rank above Field Marshall! How does that work?
That depends on your job.
Ive a feeling that this whole 'one rank above field marshall' thing is an urban myth!
:)

I've no idea how much a FM used to earn?
 
#13
Best of luck MM, bet you never thought you'd get this far when you were running round with stretchers at 24!
 
#14
Cheers guys, got my veterans badge in the post from MCM the other day, will wear it with pride as much as I can, have to say I have been impressed by Glasgow on the discharge procedure, everything squared away on time (did I just say that!!!)

My parting advice to anyone coming to the end of service is take care of yourself, especially in the last 12 months, it's all about you and don't think anyone will force you into looking after number one. Best of luck.

Arte et Marte
 
#18
bawbag said:
Congratulations mate, I'm taking the plunge myself next year. Looking forward to it.
Good man Bawbag and congratulations on the cup by the way, will be East Fife's turn soon......I hope!!
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top