Good books on fitness

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by the_breakfast_club, Dec 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for some good books to improve fitness levels.
    But going to the gym and going for a run just doesn't cut it. I want to find a book that is full of good advice and training routines.

If you have read any good books specifically aimed at fitness in the military. Please could you let me know.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using ARRSE mobile app
  2. **** off you STAB penis.
  3. There are a good few threads on this subject already, many of them recommend 'Fighting Fit' by Adrian weale.
  4. Im pretty sure that going to the gym and going for runs does cut it. Doing feck all when you get there or not pushing yourself doesn't.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cardio Warrior by Martin Rooney is my new bible of choice at the mo.

6. So you plan to 'read yourself fit' then? Let us know how you get on.
  7. Do you plan on using them as weights?
  8. Biscuits, thought I'd let you know that I've read the first chapter and I'm fecking knackered now :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X+ using ARRSE mobile app
  9. You're clearly not trying hard enough/doing the right thing with you're current programme. Or, more likely, you're exagerating the amount of phys you do.

It's weasels like you that give the reserves a bad name...
  10. Books to make you fit? Something very heavy I'd suggest.

More seriously, pick up a copy of Fighting Fit by Adrian Weale (a couple of quid on amazon). It is a bit dated now but written by a soldier for soldiers. There are some good (realistic) bits of training advice and some good training regimes aimed at improving 'military' fitness. There are a couple of basic programmes in it and also some aimed at getting you fit for P-Coy/AACC/SF selection.

Go through the programmes in the book and you'll be fit enough for virtually anything the army can throw at you.
  11. Have you thought about asking your PTI for some help?