Good base for Adv Trg

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Masterchef, Jan 28, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For all those interested in setting up some A T in the future have a look at the following.

http://nuffieldanglesey.org.uk

this place is a great site to hold many different A T cources and they have great facilities available.

IMHO a great place.

Regards

MC

2. Another great one is the RN adv trg centre at Balmacarra (sic?) near Kyle of Localsh (Skye). Mind you watch out for the locals as you are fully into webbed hand territory...

3. Aviemore's not too bad for skiing and winter climbing + pubs are good - shame about the locals, but the tourists more than make up for it.

4. Best place for 'yocals', 'pointies', 'webbies' & best Kebab in Nwales is Llanwrst.  Be sure to get a 'run ashore' at Llandudno!!

Best AT experience......France!

Use Camping des Cinq Valles, Saint Blaise, Briancon as a base camp with lots of top kayaking, sports climbing & full on mountaineering close by!!  Also a few good 'Via Ferrata' routes for more relaxed days.

Top place to go if you can get it off the ground!!  It is worth the V long drive!

Good Luck!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

5. The West Highland Way walk, between Glasgow and Fort William.  If I can remember, it's approx 200 miles long, with some excellent pubs, clubs, villages and distilleries on the way.

6. Norwegian Lodge in Glenmore nr Aviemore....... and Capel Curig are ma particular favourites. Average accomodation, but excellent surroundings.

When yer no climbin', skiing, walking or kayaking......... check oot the slappers in Aviemore, and Llanwrst  ;D

7. Whereabouts is the Marines hotel on the route?  If I remember correctly, there's a Irish pub in the town below, and that was full of dirty porridge wog wimen !!

8. If yer meaning on the West Highland Way......that's a rambler route. :)

The RM hotel could be Kinlochleven.
    (The Blaneu Fistifudd of Scotland)

9. Yeap, that's the one!  Knock on the duty caretakers house with a large bottle of mad sauce, and so long as there's no troops staying, he'll probably put you up.

10. I'm planning a rock climbing exped next year in the uk. Has anyone been on any good climbing expeds recently? Any suggestions would be welcomed. ;)

11. I reckon Benidorm would be a good one. You can get really cheapo flights with PikeyJet. The climbing there is outstanding, mostly sport/bolted stuff but beautiful and warm.

As for off duty activities..............nuff said.

Iain
    ;-)