Good / Bad Kit Suppliers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Good CO, Jan 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've pulled this thread because on a read through it had a lot of bluff posts that were clearly from kit suppliers themselves and was effectively worthless. A license to spam / undemine others basically.

If anyone objects or thinks we should run this and it can be done impartially let me know please.

2. Good,

What about doing what the Totty member is doing for the Book Club, authors/publishers send their books to an ARRSE Member for a review to be submitted in a future Thread, why not invite Mil Kit Suppliers to provide equipment/gadgets/clothing for review, obviously like the books, the reviewer should get to keep the item in return for the review.

The most apt reviewers would of course be those on the ground where the items can truly be tested out.

Just a Thought. :desertsoldier:

3. What about the service/support etc aspect? How would that be reviewed by this method? A lot of the suppliers are selling the same kit and are competing on price, speed and after-sales service.

4. A good question. Maybe a first come first served basis, that way there should hopefully be a lot of kit on offer for review, if a company puts forward one type of tent/boots/berghan etc. then no other company can put the same item for review, that way eventually you should get one or more items from most of the suppliers, the reviewer could rate everything...

5. Not sure you've got my point there - the piece of kit itself isn't necessarily what's up for review, more the capabilities and performance of the supplier themselves.

It's a difficult thing to do, an open and fair review system for suppliers that's reasonably safe from abuse; as eBay and Amazon have found out.

Edited to add - Not that I've ever bought anything from any of the suppliers in question - not much call for it in a tax office.