Gongs Worn On 95?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by RiflemanTom, Nov 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. RiflemanTom

RiflemanTom Old-Salt Book Reviewer

2. Perhaps, they are TA and not issued with No.2s/FAD? Twas the case last year.

3. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

It looks somewhat like an RLC capbadge in the foreground...

4. I think they are TA soldiers from 156 Transport Regt in Liverpool, I remember speaking to a chap who was saying that nobody was wearing 2's untill everybody had FAD.

5. Most TA units don't get issued 2's....

6. Most TA units are not issued No2 dress.
    Where does it say in QR's that medals may not be worn on cbt95 ?

7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I think it is under para 5 sub para 25 - "Things that should never be done because **** me, that looks really, really shit."

In fact, they can be worn subject to the agreement of a commander (I can't remember if it is Pde Comd, CO or Bde Comd). Hopefully they have read para 5 sub para 25 shown above and knock the stupid idea on the head.

8. But if I can only wear it on no2 dress then how else are people meant to know I was in the Battle of Sennelager naafi (and bar )

9. Apparently cadet AI's are allowed to wear medals with 95's. I queried it yesterday after seeing some mong with them on.

And i agree with The Duke, it does indeed look really really shit

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

But no more chad than the TA RLC taking part in the Lord Mayor's Show in their desert kit and UN berets with their family walking along side them in T shirts stating "My son(daugter/husband/family member as applicable) has just returned from operations.

I couldn't see clearly enough to be certain but hopefully their float was an imaginative display of Keo beer, deckchairs, windsurfers and parasols to accurately reflect the hardships they had just returned from.

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

So you think their families should not be proud of them? The chances are that they either have already or will in the near future serve in a more hostile theatre so what's your problem? Jealous?

12. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No - I just couldn't believe that they thought it was worth highlighting a 6 month jaunt on a Mediterranean holiday island as "returned from operations". Their role, previous or future service in other (ie real) operations, equipment, skills and training offered - all seem perfectly reasonable themes rather than "look at us - my husband went on holiday to Cyprus and I got was this lousy T shirt".

13. Proud of what? Disco Dancing in Ayia Napa and shagging TA gronks? ******* homos..

14. Please, please tell me you made that up. Please.

My reaction to reading the original post was "Can anything be more chad than that?" - if true then Op TOSCA swanking must be the lowest depth sunk by any unit, regular or TA. It even beats a video I saw of the RWxY shambling through Cirencester in a bizarre mix of poorly fitting No 2s complete with Jubilee and TD gongs, and a mix of green & desert C95 with medals.

Frankly, I'd rather turn up at a Rememberance Day parade dressed as a Leibenstarte SS Sergeant, having blinged up the kit with a kilt, aguillettes and BAOR medal.

Jeezus. Some groups - ACF officers and Op TOSCA-ites come to mind - can't help but play to their worst stereotypes can they? If they want a better rep they may as well punch themselves in the face as they march.

Charlie

15. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Sorry Charlie, but I can't. That was the theme.

Makes you proud, doesn't it? I felt the need to spring to attention with a tear in my eye as I watched them walk past, resisiting the urge to shout out that they were doing us all such a great service in ensuring that Stavros still had his holiday home to return to. Without them, who would sell us kebabs after a night on the slash? Sniff, sniff....