Gong Office Contact details needed

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Pox_Dr, Oct 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been out now for 18 months, was on telic 1 & 3 & still like a lot of people I don’t have my gong.

However I contact my old unit to see if they would chase it on my behalf, the admin lot have all moved on & the office is full of new knobs so they aren’t interested.

I need a telephone no / email address / postal address anything so I can start chasing it myself.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. Contact the Ministry of Defence Medal Office at the following address:

Armed Forces Personnel Administration Agency
    Building 250
    RAF Innsworth
    Gloucester
    GL3 1HW

The MOD Medal Office Enquiry Line is: Tel: 01452 712612 ext 8149

3. The above is from a Veterans Agency webpage Claiming for Campaign Medals (CLICKABLE LINK)

I won't comment on the people at your old unit not being interested ... ... others may care to share their thoughts.

Oh well, jack b*stards might cover it. They might at least have given you the contact info!

Best of luck with it, Pox_Dr

4. Contact dets are
    Building 250
    RAF Innsworth
    Gloucester
    GL3 1HW

They deal are tri service = thanks to arrse i shall be contacting them cos ive just found out thru these hallowed pages that im entitled to the accumulated service medal. you have to write as they have no email facility to apply - alternatively you can give them a bel on
    01452 712612 extension 8149l

wish u luck

5. Contact dets are
    Building 250
    RAF Innsworth
    Gloucester
    GL3 1HW

They deal are tri service = thanks to arrse i shall be contacting them cos ive just found out thru these hallowed pages that im entitled to the accumulated service medal. you have to write as they have no email facility to apply - alternatively you can give them a bel on
    01452 712612 extension 8149l

wish u luck

should have read the site cos some one else has put this on

6. Thanks to all

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

You may need some major patients with this number!

8. Yup. I haven't even bothered to try this number myself. (My own medal irritation is much less important than you chaps' Iraq Medals.) I do have experience of trying to telephone the old Army Medal Office last year. This was during the long phase when they were running down before standing up the new Medal Office - brilliant.

Their telephone handling method was equally brilliant. You got put through to an answering machine which invariably went through the usual rigmarole of 'leave your message after the tone', then the line went dead. :lol:

I cannot help visualising the operator (if there is one) at the end of the new Enquiry Line going through the "Blackadder receiving orders to attack" routine - 'A Wandering Minstrel I' etc.