gone

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by mosh_monster, Apr 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Where do we start....

A. You are taking the pish.
    B. You are from another planet from the rest of us oxygen breathing carbon life forms.
    C. You need to be sterilised.

Compared to what? A bag of snot?? A room full of head crash victims? The DNA (National Dyslexia Association)?

I'm sure the Signals would wish to place a large distance between you and themselves. IMHO. :wink:

(BTW, I've just spell checked my own post and my computer melted then exploded in a huff when it came to your remarks. I too am a bit 'tipsy' but I am still able to at least not look like I've taken a .50 to the head when posting. I suggest you PVR straight away!)

2. Kind words of encouragement there as always flash :lol:

But to answer your question Mosh Monster

If your a goth , what are you even doing in the forces?

Do you wear makeup to work? i'll bet the answer is no.

So when going to a SQN/TP you shouldnt either, if you want to dress like a suicide victim, fine do it away from camp when on leave, but when you are on camp, remember you are representing your corp/Sqn/TP, and that kind of dress will not go a long way to furthering your career.

As for the bird showing her cheb's off whilst this kind of dress in todays age shouldnt be condoned, it is allowed to pass. Yes she should have been picked up on it.

But fact of the matter is squaddies would rather look at a pair of tits, rather than looking like one by hanging around with some one dressing up as a morissey throw back, its just more pleasent on the eye.

If you dont like it, sign off, i am sure there are plenty of Civvy companies that would employ some one who looks like they should be in a morgue,
    E.G Macdonalds

3. Jaysus!

You know it should have been posted in the naafi but you chose here because you cannot take the inevitable derision that should be sprinkled liberally over your gothic corpse.

If you cannot handle being told to dress appropriately at an official function then how the hell did you make it this far? Did you cut your hair to make reg length or do you pop it in a girlie bun? Do you wear your makeup of a day or do the other lasses make fun of you too much with your smeary panda eyes? Did you tell the DS' "please don't bollock me I'm a fragile goth boy who can't take it" during phase 1? What the hell did you wear to this do anyways a velvet dress? Forced into a function oh dear poor bubby :roll: Make sure when there is a war on you get a note from mummy excusing you from playing.

Do the rest of them a favour and sign off. Then get a job in a funeral home I am sure they will not mind your gothic look there :lol:

Oxygen thief...

4. Classic replies, I love it, nearly fell off my chair when reading them.

So did you get the answer you were looking for or would you like to open yourself up for some more ridicule?

5. Me thinks Mosh has got some bites :lol: Good replies though lol

6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

If you want to dress up in black in your own time, then that's entirely up to you. Don't bother reacting to the prejudice against you - the same went years ago for various other fashions and trends, many of which are acceptable now (Kilts, for example, but I still don't like 'em).

In my experience, most Goths wouldn't say boo to a goose, and are a harmless enough bunch, who are quite happy to be left alone (after all, that's the main point...)

Mind you, whether the Army needs people who wouldn't say boo to a goose is another thing, but I'm sure you'll be safe in the R Sigs, it's not as if they're real soldiers :p

7. I can only imagine your torment and pain, not giving a fcuk what people think of your dress sense, then getting all upset when told to sort yourself out.
    By your rationale a naturist would be able to turn up to troop functions in the buff. FFS get a grip, lock yourself in your room and listen to music expressing how miserable you are, and how nobody understands you.
    And if you could see it in your dark and tortured soul to leave the Army I'd be grateful (When asked 'what freq?' on ex do you not find most of the troop pointing at you?)

8. If you didnt have any make up on and were just wearing black clothes, i would have told the bloke/lass who pulled you up, to go fcuk themselves with a frozen pigeon corpse.

Imean how bloody petty can someone get?

the army is in a bad state as it is without making dedicated soldiers think of signing off.

was there a dress code stated for the function?
    were civi partners in attendance?

Power to the panda people!!

9. My computers clock is obviously fcuked as it says 8 Apr for your first post rather than 1 Apr.

Good cast, reeled a few in and if it's real you need to post again now you are hopefully sober.

10. You clearly DO care what people think about the way you dress, or why would you do it. You woudnt get all Gothed-up if you were staying at home on your own would you? no, so you are making a statement, and a statement always invites a response.
    Incidentally, you are not smarter than us non-sig types, you are an illiterate, maladjusted idiot.
    Find a new career, and no, I would not like fries with it! :roll:

12. Personally i would like to thank the ACIO that you attended for not letting you in the Corps of Royal Engineers, even if you think you are the best, even after reading your sober post, i have realised there is a god, and i am glad you are in the signals.

13. You say you went to the function but not gothed up ( i used to like the Jesus and Mary Chain btw and a bit of the Cult ) so were you pulled up simply for being a scruffy **** ?

I hope you pointed out that you are infact a Relay Op and therefore one of Gods trade !!