Gone to brigade

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by IDONTNEEDAHAIRCUT, Jul 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At the end of their time in post a number of our officers (specially OC's) have 'gone to brigade', but what exactly does that mean ?

Presumably they are filling SOx slots in the HQ structure, but how does a TA officer fit into a (presumably) full time regional brigade structure or am I being naive ?
  2. You've got it more or less right, some of the slots don't need full time commitment
  3. msr

msr LE

Some will also have joined the Brigade Reinforcement Team.

Much like you have a TM(V) so some of the Bde slots have a (V) equivalent.

4. It's a bit like when the Jews were sent East for 'resettlement'.

You may see some of these officers again, but not all, of course. They've 'gone to Brigade'.

Mobiles don't work any more. E-mails bounce back. No correspondence is ever answered. Oh yes, they've 'gone to Brigade'.

Oh not that time again, Nurse??
  5. Yes they would be, your (regional) Bde has a large number of TA slots. The normal structure is designed to administer the normal TA and other stuff but if asked to do more they need considerable TA reinforcement.

I normally meet many of my ex-officers when this reinforced TA Bde comes together (which would be better without a STAB officer liability coming with me)

p.s. I hope I've spelt meet right, my original post was wrong but somehow its now correct
  6. Cheers for the info. I had no reason for asking other than simple curiosity.
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Lebensraum for young thrusters - I like it.

In banking we send them to "special projects". Its usually a basement outside of The City near a pub where they can go at lunchtime and not come back. I've been trying to get there for years!
  8. I always thought it was like the naughty step!

9. TA AMS has the equiavalent phrase 'Gone To The Manpower Pool'....