Golfing tips?? or going near full time with TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Apr 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Suppose I could ask my PSI but ....... It could be me????

My initial thoughts are to pop down to Costco and buy a set of golf clubs..

but seriously I need to way up the pro's and cons, it might not even happen.

At the mo I'm trying quite hard to get back into full time employment but in addition I've started work on a community/charity/social enterprise website (I intend to pursue an Armed Forces/ARRSE link on this but maybe more latter under another ID) plus I've this offer to consider.

Ideally I'd want to be stable financially maybe in full time employment, but the website/TA combo might be a sensible idea ..... So pro's and con's of working a few days a week in uniform??
  2. Hanging around civvys may be a con :p
  3. msr

msr LE

Do both?
  4. Do both. Is it an ADC?
  5. I suspect that the MTD's for " a few days a week" will be hard to find..

The only way you will get more than 30 odd is to get sand in yer boots...
  6. Sounds like it'd be for ADC, we are down on PSI's at the mo.
  7. Or go instruct at an RTC........
  8. Even ADCs are hard to come by, needing approval at Div level up here.

Be aware that ADC is a good cost-saver for MOD. Basic TA pay, no X factor, travel etc and only paid for the days worked, to a max of 220 a year. (220 days a year is pretty much the same a working full time 5 days a week BTW) As far as the Treasury is concerned that means that they have had you do a full years work but only had to pay you at 13% less than 220/365ths of a Regulars wage, no perks etc.

As a tax-payer may I thank you in advance for your selfless contribution to our national recovery... :D
  9. As above plus up to 59-69 days over and above as TA commitment, not a bad little earner for a years work I'd say if it's on a staffy's pay band.

But as has been said, you're doing the MoD and tax payer a favour, why not?
  10. Nope. You are not allowed to do more than 220 days a year, or at least thats the way Bde explained it to us. Something about employment law and pensions most ADCs seem to be for 3-4 days a week or less.
  11. From 1/4/10, ADC 's and TA MTDs have been limited to a total of 180 pa (including ADC leave)
  12. I thought ADC and TA contracts were separate contracts?

You learn something new every day.
  13. They are seperate - different assignments per JPA but they now cant exceed 180 in total
  14. Maybe so....

but I do quite like my lifestyle at the mo, working for myself (at home), having kids around while the ex is at work, doing the normal TA work pattern...
    The TAC is in an excellent city centre location, so ideal for any interviews. If the contract has some favourable conditions for the MOD, does it work both ways i.e. could I jack it at short notice, have some flexibility when I work (within reason). I am being honest with my unit about my intentions.
  15. Reference?