Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. as i know there are lots of golf lovers in the army, i just thought i would share my tentative dip into the pool.

went and bought one of those golf bat thingies yesterday. and a few "lake balls" (which i presume have been recovered by scousers or something). thought i would try dinking a few balls around the back garden, see what all the fuss is about.

so the garden now looks like moles invaded, the neighbours won't let their children play outside any more, and the glazier is coming round this afternoon.

quite good fun, but i get the feeling that a £9.99 cheapo 7 iron from JJB sports is not going to be the last of the expense :)
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

As Churchill said "A good walk ruined" Don't do it, you will end up wearing silly clothes and driving a Volvo.
  3. For any of you who think golf is a boring and outdated "game" rather than a sport, perhaps the Ladies Open starting today will change your mind.
    This is a pic of Sophie Sandolo, one of the competitors.
  4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

That could put you off your stroke.

Does the R&A have a rule that covers distracting another player?
    Should she wear a bag over her head / bits / etc?
    Will someone sponsor me for membership?
  6. blue-sophist

Yes, I said that.
    What are you saying? ;-)
  7. oops messed up the link thingy! sorry blue !
  8. well that pic inspired me to go out and buy one of those driver bats too.

hopefully after a couple of weeks of practice, i'll be good enough to join her on the pro tour :)
  9. I'm tempted to buy a set myself, had a bit of a go a few weeks back. A couple of online places do some Wilson sets for arond £200 is that a lot? I know some of the top flight stuff costs a bloody fortune but what should one buy?
  10. well i've stuck a couple of clubs and a few balls in my MFO comfy box. hope there are some decent courses in kosovo ;)
  11. blue-sophist

One thing I'd almost guarantee ... you won't get to play around with Sophie :wink:
  12. Holy feck I am on the 1st as I type bejesus its picked up since I last played. I'm sure the dress code was never that relaxed at my club
  13. Mark Twain......... (Good walk spoiled)