Goldsmith urges torture probe - BBC News Page!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by romach, Jun 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6240674.stm

2. So one soldier committing a war crime is sufficient for an enquiry is it? I beg to differ.

3. Lordy Lordy.. is that flapping noise the sound of Establishment umberellas being opened???

Looks like a case of 'Cover my arse before anyone actually points the finger' to me!!!

Edit to add: 'Wasn't me Guv .. honest. I'm just a poor unsuspecting Government appointed stooge .. oops I mean lawyer'

4. This sounds to me llike a man who wants to create a sh!t storm that errupts after he steps down.

Is this the same man who gave the legal OK to El B. Liar in private then re-wrote his opinion?

5. Is this the same Goldsmith who just announced his resignation?

That smacking noise you here, is the sound of a great big lawyer's arrse being covered AND , "A big boy did it and ran away"

Scum.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yes, the self-same piece of cr@p that re-wrote the law when it came to sending us to war. He now thinks that the results of HIS illegal war need investigating.

Why doesn't he also call for an enquiry into his own advice?

7. THat revolting piece of sh1t called Goldsmith makes me puke and my p1ss boil at the same time - not a pretty sight.

I hope that fcuk dies a slow and horrible death somewhere - revolting fcuker.

8. Because he's a spineless cunt who thinks consequences are for the little people, just like the rest of them.

9. Hmm. Does Tony's crony anticipate the opening of a can of worms? The chief law officer of the government should have been aware of the legal status of the treatment of detainees/prisoners...strange that the Heath legislation relating to NI was mysteriously "lost". I imagine there would have been coalition-wide procedures needing sign-off at whatever level, and the joint force commanders had their own Service lawyers. This can't be pinned on squaddies simply breaching clear rules.