Golden Jubilee medal

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Fugly, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

No, you're not.

Buy one off eBay and wear it like a walt if you want, but all those entitled to them now have them, all those who aren't are posting shite like this.
  2. Five years service as at February 2002. End of.
  3. Quite.

Bone question number 1,000,001 answered end of thread!
  4. For the TA, they had to have been eligible for and claimed their bounty 5 times prior to Feb 02.
  5. msr

msr LE

You have been wound up.

6. What about previous service ?
  7. Who gives a fuck? It's made of Chocolate!

If you want a gong so bad go and earn one.
  8. Hey !! I fought hard in the battle of Jubilee!!
  9. And let me guess, you enlisted in June 2002 :roll:
  10. "Jubilee... You don't know, man! You weren't there. The Horror!"
  11. Nothing to do with being incorrectly dressed then!

Regardless, they were still a waste of money and a ropey bauble denoting nothing at all. I would rather the cash had been spent on bigger JDAMs.
  12. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Does not our Royal Duke of Wessex wear the said Medal.He failed the RM and he got that gong as a consolation prize.
  13. Correct - they may be a bit naff but most people currently serving haven't got one - as you would need by now to have done 12+ years.
  14. If our Queen is still alive then they will.

With regard to the medal itself, as I understand it, it will follow the precedent of the 1897 diamond jubilee medal in that the QDJM will be an almost identical medal to the QGJM. Same ribbon, same obverse, same reverse except that the year 2012 will replace 2002. It will be silver rather than gold. Holders of the QGJM who qualify for the QDJM will receive a 2012 clasp to QGJM rather than receive an additional medal.

With regard to qualification criteria for members of Her Majesty's Armed Forces I have yet to hear whether a decision has been made but I think it likely that the criteria will be similar to that of the 2002 medal i.e. serving on 6th February 2012 having completed 5 years unbroken service.
  15. msr

msr LE

And if not, then there will be a coronation medal!

Trebles all round.