golden jubilee medal entitlement

Discussion in 'Medals' started by greeny140, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi all, ive herd a recent rumour that soldiers that where in the t.a in june 2002 are now entitled to a jubilee medal? before you had to have completed 5 years before they gave it to you? any one herd different???
  2. No, in 1988 left in 97 with a break of a few months before joining the TA. And no I dont have any campaign medals because I've never served outside the UK ( apart from the Hebs ) If that makes me a lesser man or worse soldier than my peers then so be it.
  3. If you havent got a gong yet and you really want one, the QGJM is not the one you want, mincing around with just that on your chest is a pish-taking magnet!
    My last mess had several who only had the QGJM, most were Navy Dental Hygienists, they took more abuse than the ones with none!
  4. £25 and you can have mine - they're shite and a waste of money.
  5. They were to begin with, but it's now interest to see who isn't wearing one at Mess functions.
  6. Could we not replace a JDAM with him - call it a Jolly Duke And Mincer and drop him from a harrier on the Taleba then watch him mince his way around that lot - they'd all die laughing.
  7. That was aimed at the author of the thread, not you polar69.
  8. Give it another 3 years and they might dish out a Diamond jubilee one :D
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

He didn't fail he dropped out. I knew some one who was on the same course as him who said that he was doing pretty well - he just did not want to be there. In fact he had to show considerable balls to stand up to his dad and move on from something he did not want to do.
  10. Same thing. Nil points.
  11. He is still HRH Cuthbert Cringeworthy, QJM Mincer-in-chief and Fag-to-the Big Boys.
  12. Can we please not talk about this on this day, of all days?

*sings softly*

Billie Jean ... is not my lover ... hee hee ... oo ... sha moan!
  13. The King really is dead!!
  14. What the Dickens? How do you know all this stuff? You some sort of over-the-horizon medal visionary?