Golden Jubilee Medal - A Petition!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just been sent this link for the QGJM.
    Whilst I know that people get peeved off that they may have missed out by a day/week/month whatever it would surely start the gong retrospective gold rush by people trying to get medals back dated (the ACSM springs to mind)

Good luck to them for trying but can't see it happening, the old boys from Egypt took 50 odd years to get theirs sorted out.
  2. You either qualify or you don't, sorry to say but the line must be drawn somewhere. Am I alone in thinking that this sounds a bit pathetic? Or is the 'Battle of Jubilee' medal so highly coveted?
  3. It's not exactly a desirable item either, it's the only one I got thrown across a desk with a bit of paper and the command "Sign 'ere".
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I ain't got one & I don't care.
    Am I deranged?
  5. Really sad. They all need to get out more.
  6. Ahhh... Those that chase recognition deserve neither the recognition nor the satisfaction of the chase...

Don't tell me, this is driven by those who didn't even get a GSM... Before you know it the uniforms will start looking like the Yanks... 1000 medal ribbons on a 21 year old's chest... :roll:
  7. Only another 4 more years and we can have all the same arguments about the Diamond jubilee medal. Cnuts
  8. This was started by a Mr Silvo and his mate Brasso to increase their share of the polishing market..............

I am sure if someone really wants one they only have to visit EBay and they can Walt up as much as they want.

Now that reminds me, as a matelot I never got a NI Bar, but, I did sail close by a few times, not my fault we didn't stop, thinks I'll start a petition
  9. So the rules change to allow a certain number of ex-whatever to get a shiny new gong? This time it's trying to change the rules for qualification to 'if you have served for 5 years'. The next change could be 'served for 2 years' then perhaps 'tried phase 1 training but failed' or even 'walked passed an AFCO and thought about going in...once'.

No chance.
  10. How about would of gone to Op somewhere and got the gong if I hadn't of got out?
  11. No just a Sprog..............No hard feelings everybody has to be someones.....
  12. I think there's a clue in his username of 'Old Baldy' which would cancel out the sprog bit. I think he qualified for the Queen Victoria medal!!

*sorry OB!!*
  13. There was a thread on this subject a while back, have there been any rumblings in the real world on the matter? (ie not on ARRSE).

I don't think my family and friends would be able to contain their amazement if I were to survive a second 'Battle of Jubilee'.
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its the rules, dont like them then leave!
  15. why ffs? - its virtually worthless and looks ridiculous unless sat next to heavier metal

IMHO, anyone who's got any other gongs, wouldn't give a rats-ass about the Battle of Jubilee

If they're that fcking desperate, go an buy a copy.

IIRC, mine didn't have any sort of inscription on it and no-one's likely to enquire about it now are they!!!!!