Gold - The Ultimate National Anthem - Have Your Say

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bow_Man, Feb 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a ground swell of interest in the country to change the National Anthem to something more rousing.

Apparently Gold by Spandau Ballet is in the running!

Check out this Government petition

National Anthem Petition
  2. Bugger off and leave the National Anthem alone. Although I personally prefer the Archers theme....
  3. I personally think "Agadoo" by Black Lace would make a rousing anthem
  4. How about Your in the Army now - Status Quo
  5. Its no wonder the Government increasingly treat us all like children, when people put forward proposals like this.
  6. Oh sod off
  7. And there we have it, confirmation of why they do so.
  8. More like N Ightmare.
  9. Ring Lost Property and see if anyone has handed in a sense of humour
  10. Any reason why you write like a "comedy Indian" off some 1970s sitcom?
  11. Being an `old fart´I could live with `Land of Hope and Glory`,but it sounds absolutely pompous when you start looking at the way the country´s trying to self destruct!....................`Going down the Dustpipe´by Status Quo might be more accurate?

Gold? can you imagine a stadium full of Soccer Mongs trying to remember the words!
  12. An alternative way of looking at it is that it is a good way of taking the p1ss out of its inanity and pathetic attempts to "engage" with us, although the image slips to reveal the control freakery and arrogance when a lot of people actually tell them what they do think of a policy - e.g. the road charging.
  13. I cannot believe that 'Hail to England' by Manowar has been overlooked in all this.
  14. That's the beauty of it - they can just punch the air to the "Gold!"'s and it is far easier to mlaar along to than God Save the Queen.
  15. With cutbacks and shortages it should be Dads Army theme tune