Gold Sovereigns issued to Air Crews

Op Granby and the miserable gits made us return them after the war....... :(

antiwar said:
Hi,

Can anyone out there tell me whether Gold Sovereigns were issued to the RAF during Op Telic, as they were during Op Granby?

antiwar

http://britishsovereigns.com/SovereignPage1/great_britain_1979_gulf_war_set_.htm
Antiwar you have posted this before...

I wonder whether you might have more success on this site if you:

a. Changed your name - A pacifistic name on a military website is a little gauche...

b. Instead of constantly asking spotter-ish questions about medals etc, contribute something. Your posts read like a cross between a journalist from the guardian and a crazed collector of militaria.

Just a thought...

Yes..goolie chits.

hellfyyr said:
b. Instead of constantly asking spotter-ish questions about medals etc, contribute something. Your posts read like a cross between a journalist from the guardian and a crazed collector of militaria.

Just a thought...
Well I suppose they are slightly spotterish questions but they've lead to interesting threads. Californian_Tankers' post on the medals one was fascinating. This one could be good too....

Tricam.

tricam said:
hellfyyr said:

Just a thought...
Well I suppose they are slightly spotterish questions but they've lead to interesting threads. Californian_Tankers' post on the medals one was fascinating. This one could be good too....

Tricam.

Many thanks Tricam, its nice to know that there are some nice people on this forum!!!!

I can never understand why so many people insist on repling in negative ways to people threads, why bother!!!!

On a positive side, it would be interesting to see if any good info turns up on this topic.

Yes CT is a very interesting and helpful guy, I enjoy reading his replies!!!!!

hellfyyr said:
antiwar said:
Hi,

Can anyone out there tell me whether Gold Sovereigns were issued to the RAF during Op Telic, as they were during Op Granby?

antiwar

http://britishsovereigns.com/SovereignPage1/great_britain_1979_gulf_war_set_.htm
Antiwar you have posted this before...

I wonder whether you might have more success on this site if you:

a. Changed your name - A pacifistic name on a military website is a little gauche...

Just a thought...

Go play with your light sabre, somewhere else!!!!

bigjarofwasps said:
tricam said:
hellfyyr said:

Just a thought...

Tricam.

Many thanks Tricam, its nice to know that there are some nice people on this forum!!!!

I can never understand why so many people insist on repling in negative ways to people threads, why bother!!!!

On a positive side, it would be interesting to see if any good info turns up on this topic.

Yes this thread has been going for ages now and is a right rivetting read...

:roll:

hellfyyr said:
bigjarofwasps said:
tricam said:
hellfyyr said:

Just a thought...

Tricam.

And how did your post improve the situation??? :)

amazing__lobster said:
hellfyyr said:
bigjarofwasps said:
tricam said:
hellfyyr said:

Just a thought...

Tricam.

And how did your post improve the situation??? :)

What exactly is the 'situation' ?

If I could post a smilie for nodding off to sleep on here I would.... :)

The chap requested info on Gold Sovereigns, whats the big deal..........its a valid request so if people have the info...feel free to give.

I sometimes wish individuals would stop crawling through the forums on a mission to spot "spotters" and the like. If you think its a troll
or whatever don,t respond to the post. Simple!!

Now if someone trolls in the naafi...thats a different matter :arrow: fair game.

Baggy out...