Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to the Dentist

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Who says ....'appropriate? Why on earth .....'locked?
There are posts on this site with inappropriate language that should be locked but aren't.

Ask the MOD responsible.

As already pointed out there's a dentistry thread in the Covid forum.

I would guess that they thought "going to the dentist" was suitable for the Health forum.

And there is the Report button you can use for any inappropriate posts.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Ask the MOD responsible.

As already pointed out there's a dentistry thread in the Covid forum.

I would guess that they thought "going to the dentist" was suitable for the Health forum.

And there is the Report button you can use for any inappropriate posts.
Yes.....Report a Thread started by an OP who has 'moderator' on description. Try reading 'The Chinese-not a great bunch of lads', by 'Sixty'

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes.....Report a Thread started by an OP who has 'moderator' on description. Try reading 'The Chinese-not a great bunch of lads', by 'Sixty'

Unless I am very much mistaken, you are the OP of this thread.

Yes, OP of 'Going to the Dentist'. Have you looked at 'The Chinese - not a great bunch of lads'? If as you mention, I were to use the 'report' Red button, how much longer would it be before me being expelled?
Try it. We'll run a sweepstake.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry to disappoint you but once again you appear to be posting incorrect information.

Patients are not being "wrapped up in plastic". You may be asked to wear a face mask inside the building but obviously that is removed for any dental treatment.

All the additional PPE is being worn by the dental team.

Welcome back after your break! :eek:

Yes, OP of 'Going to the Dentist'. Have you looked at 'The Chinese - not a great bunch of lads'? If as you mention, I were to use the 'report' Red button, how much longer would it be before me being expelled?
@KnockKnock,
You are fairly new to the site (Welcome to Arrse BTW) and at your age (you must be at least 84), I'm guessing you are not overly familiar with how Forums work.

There are different sections of Arrse which have different levels of Moderation.

The Serious Bit
(Current Affairs, Etc.) The ARRSE Serious Bit is for less lighthearted discussion, including current affairs, politics, financial and Parliament and Ministry of Defence level military debate.

No swearing or Daily Mail articles.

News, Gossip & Chat
(The Intelligence Cell, etc.) A slightly less serious part of the site for discussing rumours, scandal and the latest tittle-tattle in the news.
Banter and low level swearing usually OK

The Badger's ARRSE

(NAAFI Bar, Etc.) No hold barred part of the site (apart from racism, etc.).
Swearing and piss taking is expected and pretty much anything goes This is where Sixty's thread about the Chinese is, hence the level of language. The Arrse Hole is the worst of the worst.

Other part of the site have their own rules (mostly based around News, Gossip & Chat rules).
For example, the Join the Army - Military Recruitment section is for those looking to join up and therefore attracts a lot of younger posters. If there is even a sniff of abuse or piss taking from a poster, they can expect a virtual punch in the gob from The Duke (Moderator for that part of the site).

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
@KnockKnock,
You are fairly new to the site (Welcome to Arrse BTW) and at your age (you must be at least 84), I'm guessing you are not overly familiar with how Forums work.

There are different sections of Arrse which have different levels of Moderation.

The Serious Bit
(Current Affairs, Etc.) The ARRSE Serious Bit is for less lighthearted discussion, including current affairs, politics, financial and Parliament and Ministry of Defence level military debate.

No swearing or Daily Mail articles.

News, Gossip & Chat
(The Intelligence Cell, etc.) A slightly less serious part of the site for discussing rumours, scandal and the latest tittle-tattle in the news.
Banter and low level swearing usually OK

The Badger's ARRSE

(NAAFI Bar, Etc.) No hold barred part of the site (apart from racism, etc.).
Swearing and piss taking is expected and pretty much anything goes This is where Sixty's thread about the Chinese is, hence the level of language. The Arrse Hole is the worst of the worst.

Other part of the site have their own rules (mostly based around News, Gossip & Chat rules).
For example, the Join the Army - Military Recruitment section is for those looking to join up and therefore attracts a lot of younger posters. If there is even a sniff of abuse or piss taking from a poster, they can expect a virtual punch in the gob from The Duke (Moderator for that part of the site).
Give over, how patronising, just as people in their 40,50,60s think we of older years cannot comprehend how to either use the internet, or post on Forums. I managed to post on another site since before 1995, long before they thought it better to be only open to members!
This particular site does not have forums like on any other sites that I have posted on before, all these different 'forums', when most of the inconsequential natter, could be under 'General Discussion'

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
This particular site does not have forums like on any other sites that I have posted on before, all these different 'forums', when most of the inconsequential natter, could be under 'General Discussion'

Have you tried clicking on "Forums"?

Give over, how patronising, just as people in their 40,50,60s think we of older years cannot comprehend how to either use the internet, or post on Forums. I managed to post on another site since before 1995, long before they thought it better to be only open to members!
It is obvious that you do not know how arrse works.
Oh well, I can only say I tried.

Aquavite

Clanker
Try clicking on the Dignitas site you whining old prick.

I actually love it and you should be used to insults by now after the drubbing you took as Robme, MacRaven and Once.a.pilgrim.
He does have a strong whiff of some previous arrse "tellers of fables".

Yeah, you don't like it and have to resort to insults

That's right, you tried to inform an old un. You get a pat on the head for that!
Thanks Grandad. :p

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah, you don't like it and have to resort to insults

That's right, you tried to inform an old un. You get a pat on the head for that!

Old age normally brings wisdom, yet you still don't seem to understand how the site works, despite many hints and tips.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads