Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to the Dentist

There's no sense of humour on Arrse, If some replyees had wit for shit they would be constipated
The lack of self-awareness here is staggering.

Also, constipation is a buildup of too much shit. I'm not sure that really works as an insult.

The lack of self-awareness here is staggering.

Also, constipation is a buildup of too much shit. I'm not sure that really works as an insult.
KnockKnock is funny, can we keep it?

Dr Death

War Hero
This one looks ok?
1596900619743.png

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Perhaps some community (NHS) dental clinics have been closed (one of the ones I worked in was bought out by Virgin :mad:), but as far as I know they are still operating and providing

- dental services to patients (particularly kids) with dental phobia
- dental services to patients with a range of mental health issues
- dental services to patients with severe physical disabilities or other health conditions which would preclude
their treatment by a normal GDP
- emergency treatments for anyone not registered with a GDP

Hope this helps.

Other services include:
Bariatric
Domiciliary visits to care homes, hospitals and patient's own home
Provide Inhalation and IV sedation services
Provide GA services. We have three different lists paediatric extractions, Special care adults and special care children
Geographically challenged, ie no independent dentists within a reasonable distance.
Complex medical histories
We also have a primary care minor oral surgery network.

All provided under NHS, and patients still charged NHS fees.

Yeah, what you don't seem to like is that some of us were in the army before you....'Get your knees brown', we used to say, to stroppy types just arrived from UK.
Don't listen to him, he's very rude. He said I could have an argument in an empty room.

I proved him wrong about that.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
If you want to visit the dental hygienist under present coronavirus conditions and be wrapped up in plastic (PPE), like an oven ready chicken, then good luck.
I started this OP under Forum 'Current Affairs' not 'Health and Fitness'!

Rumour round my way in Merseyside ( Yes, Yes, I know) is that the dentist will see you after the third 'phone call complaining of pain which has to have lasted for three or more days.

Worked for me to get an extraction of a biggish tooth stub left after a snapping episode a bit more than a year ago.

Also my wife who is having problems with a multiple set of crowns. Dentist is doing a bit then to hospital.

Amazing what these chaps can do without drills.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Rumour round my way in Merseyside ( Yes, Yes, I know) is that the dentist will see you after the third 'phone call complaining of pain which has to have lasted for three or more days.

Worked for me to get an extraction of a biggish tooth stub left after a snapping episode a bit more than a year ago.

Also my wife who is having problems with a multiple set of crowns. Dentist is doing a bit then to hospital.

Amazing what these chaps can do without drills.
That's the point of my OP starting this thread in 'Current Affairs' forum.

That's the point of my OP starting this thread in 'Current Affairs' forum.

Fair enough. I scanned through the issues you raised but the only reason I posted here was an effort to help people who may be in so much pain with infection and what not that they are considering doing a self extraction which is probably not a good idea. I don't understand the arguments that are happening here.

Just for info. if you need your peggies seeing to.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If you want to visit the dental hygienist under present coronavirus conditions and be wrapped up in plastic (PPE), like an oven ready chicken, then good luck.
I started this OP under Forum 'Current Affairs' not 'Health and Fitness'!

Sorry to disappoint you but once again you appear to be posting incorrect information.

Patients are not being "wrapped up in plastic". You may be asked to wear a face mask inside the building but obviously that is removed for any dental treatment.

All the additional PPE is being worn by the dental team.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
At first locked and then unlocked, whoever changed the forum is perhaps being too pedantic

I asked if it could be reopened, it was but it was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Latest Threads