Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to the Dentist

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
These pages are for posts about the army, so may I just gently refer to the RADC page, which features alongside 'recruitment' a picture of a dentist and nurse (or perhaps another dentist) with a patient, inside a tent (field surgery?) how will the aerosol high speed drill be powered for fillings?

What RADC page? On here, the closest is The professionally qualified, RAMC and QARANC forum.

All dentistry has seen a seismic shift in the last few months. I would suspect changing a picture on a recruitment page somewhere has taken a back seat.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
What RADC page? On here, the closest is The professionally qualified, RAMC and QARANC forum.

All dentistry has seen a seismic shift in the last few months. I would suspect changing a picture on a recruitment page somewhere has taken a back seat.
Just google search RADC. Doesn't make any difference, a dental 'field surgery' is still a field surgery. How is it powered?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just google search RADC. Doesn't make any difference, a dental 'field surgery' is still a field surgery. How is it powered?
Google image search RADC does not give me any such image unless you mean
RADC-2.jpg

Most field dental surgeries are very basic.
Not usually equipped with a high speed drill.

They are designed for relief of pain and to keep a soldier in the field, they are not designed for the finer side of dentistry.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well, I fully searched the 'Forums' here back and forth before I posted...I might be a new member, but have a long experience of other forums. Am I supposed to search 'threads' as well? (and I don't click on attachments or anything else to avoid being 'hacked')

Well even a mention of dentistry in the search engine would have produced the link to that thread.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
View attachment 494080

They are designed for relief of pain and to keep a soldier in the field, they are not designed for the finer side of dentistry.
Well, I have the photo of two lady dental officers,(looks as if taken in 2010 onwards) easy to see online at RADC, but for some reason I cannot load as attachment, as it unusually notes image too large! It sure looks to me like the finer side of dentistry. I've never seen the b/w photo you have, hats look Australian.

Anyhow, we take each other at face value on this site, your pic and avatar indicates ;-' LE 5* kit reviewer and book reviewer', If you are also 'moderator' it would be helpful to know. I would never ask you if you are a dentist!
l
View attachment 494080

These pages are for posts about the army, so may I just gently refer to the RADC page, which features alongside 'recruitment' a picture of a dentist and nurse (or perhaps another dentist) with a patient, inside a tent (field surgery?) how will the aerosol high speed drill be powered for fillings?

Generators, the same ones that power their inspection lamps, heaters, drug fridges, etc.....allegedly

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Anyhow, we take each other at face value on this site, your pic and avatar indicates ;-' LE 5* kit reviewer and book reviewer', If you are also 'moderator' it would be helpful to know. I would never ask you if you are a dentist!
l

What an odd comment.

You come across as a failed dental student who spent too much time abusing the N2O.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
What an odd comment.

You come across as a failed dental student who spent too much time abusing the N2O.
When doing my National Service I had to stand by my bed with kit out on display.
Just want to know if when responding to 'Kit Reviewer' on these pages....Are we supposed to 'Sit to Attention' at our keyboard?

When doing my National Service I had to stand by my bed with kit out on display.
Just want to know if when responding to 'Kit Reviewer' on these pages....Are we supposed to 'Sit to Attention' at our keyboard?.............

................Or electrical abacus, as it is known to the old and the bold, who infest these threads!

OK then...should we 'stand to attention' when responding by mobile phone? 'Out'
A mobile phone, what is this that you speak of? my black Bakelite Edison telephonic person to person communication device, sits ready to connect with my GP, 999, A&E, Dentist, chemist, and carer, for surely that it is all it was designed for, or am I missing something here?...just heard, Gen Gordon is dead!

Last edited:

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
A mobile phone, what is this that you speak of? my black Bakelite Edison telephonic person to person communication device, sits ready to connect with my GP, 999, A&E, Dentist, chemist, and carer, for surely that it is all it was designed for, or am I missing something here?...just heard, Gen Gordon is dead!
Postiee breaks into humming...'Only the lonely, dum, dum,dum,de dum,dum....'

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Have had a filling replacement in July. A bit dearer than usual but good hygiene in the surgery. Dentist pretty hot and sweaty but kept going like a trooper
Most of us as a dental patient, have to lay out in the dental chair....How could she/he have...'....kept going like a trooper'?

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Hey 'Jonny One Note', no response? Run out of Co2?.... Try a little more CaCO3

View attachment 494080

Hey 'Jonny One Note', no response? Run out of Co2?.... Try a little more CaCO3
I was humming 'Only the lonely, dum, dumb,dum,dit de....... But now I'm singing " ...and sang out with gusto, And just overlorded the place, For holding one note was his ace......"

Last edited:
Generators, the same ones that power their inspection lamps, heaters, beer fridges, etc.....allegedly
Good man...That's the Dental Corps I know. (In memory of the 1206th Dental Det, COL V** J. Stu***o Comdg. ;-) )

Latest Threads