Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to the Dentist

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Well there you are, all still here. I've just had a break to watch 'Van Der Valk', a TV weekly drama I like to watch with Mrs K every Friday evening. A good line in it tonight "Why don't you go back to bed, or you'll catch a death!" This thread seems to me to be dead, so I'm back off to the 'Scottish Politics' thread where replies to my question, gave me the idea to start this forum.
Scottish Politics, I'm fed up seeing her on TV, or listening to her, perhaps she might do a TM and dance on TV?

If you are in Scotland, why do you keep going on about band 3 charges for dentures

We're item of service up here.

If you are in Scotland, why do you keep going on about band 3 charges for dentures

We're item of service up here.
Because he’s a schizophrenic super-Walt with ADD.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Because he’s a schizophrenic super-Walt with ADD.
I suppose, by your avatar, you like to make out you were a bomber pilot? When I was a kid during WWII we had a bloke wandering around we called 'Bubbles', one day he would tell us of being in the army, a week later he was home on leave from the air force?

KnockKnock

Old-Salt

Here you go then. You can read all the current advice to NHS dentists in England here.
It still doesn't make for transparency, what I suggested and repeat, is the full cost of any dental appliance (as paid by the government), on our behalf, to be included on 'Origin of Manufacture Declaration'?

Polyester

War Hero
I suppose, by your avatar, you like to make out you were a bomber pilot? When I was a kid during WWII we had a bloke wandering around we called 'Bubbles', one day he would tell us of being in the army, a week later he was home on leave from the air force?
You are absolutely nuts mate. Get help for Christ’s sake.

Nope, just a nod to my uncle, who was.

Back to the care home with you.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
I have no idea what you're on about.
Ditto
I thought you liked 'light hearted', and my previous thread about Gene Kelly on roller skates, so here goes;.....
"So if you go to heaven you can bet a dollar note. The angel with the whiskers on is Paddy McGinty's goat." Hope I've spelt correctly for you, as I put my reading glasses on specially for you!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It still doesn't make for transparency, what I suggested and repeat, is the full cost of any dental appliance (as paid by the government), on our behalf, to be included on 'Origin of Manufacture Declaration'?

In England.

Patient pays band fee, this goes to Government.
These are set nationally and widely advertised.

Dentist paid by government depending upon the number of UDAs for the course of treatment.
Set nationally, known within profession.

Value of UDA negotiated at start of financial year between dentist and local board.
Set locally and are viewed as commercially confidential.

Any lab fees are paid by dentist, not government.
Some labs advertise their fee scales openly, others do not.

I suppose you would approve if instead of 'knees' (knocking). I put my 1956 Malayan shoulder flash up instead?
Why should I care?

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
In England.

Patient pays band fee, this goes to Government.
These are set nationally and widely advertised.

Dentist paid by government depending upon the number of UDAs for the course of treatment.
Set nationally, known within profession.

Value of UDA negotiated at start of financial year between dentist and local board.
Set locally and are viewed as commercially confidential.

Any lab fees are paid by dentist, not government.
Some labs advertise their fee scales openly, others do not.
My previous posts mention nothing about laboratory 'fees' (yes, paid by the dentist, when it might be fairer if paid by government!).
Now, still an NHS patient, I would like to see the full cost of the appliance entered on the OofMD statement, as paid out (cost of) by the government, for the specific dental appliance. I would also like to find a new Band 4,(with increased patient contribution) which would include the provision of nhs implants, where a single tooth needs replacement.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My previous posts mention nothing about laboratory 'fees' (yes, paid by the dentist, when it might be fairer if paid by government!).
Now, still an NHS patient, I would like to see the full cost of the appliance entered on the OofMD statement, as paid out (cost of) by the government, for the specific dental appliance. I would also like to find a new Band 4,(with increased patient contribution) which would include the provision of nhs implants, where a single tooth needs replacement.

Define what you mean by full cost then, if you don't mean the lab fee.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Define what you mean by full cost then, if you don't mean the lab fee.
Add together the patient contribution and that which is paid to the dentist. i.e., the full cost (to the government) of the dental appliance.
In Scotland you seem to say the patient pays no nhs contribution, so, the full cost of the particular dental appliance paid by the government to the dentist.

Aquavite

Clanker
You think that's bad, we had a mentalist called Robme on here that pretended he was Air Despatch, Para Reg, SAS and MI5. He'd never even been in the army, just a pad's brat in Singapore and Borneo.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Add together the patient contribution and that which is paid to the dentist. i.e., the full cost (to the government) of the dental appliance.
In Scotland you seem to say the patient pays no nhs contribution, so, the full cost of the particular dental appliance paid by the government to the dentist.

I'd imagine a lot, if not all, of FF's patients are exempt from NHS fees, as they would be in the rest of the UK.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Back to the care home with you.
Bubbles and Polyester, you like to use stuff like 'schizophrenic' and 'Back to the care home with you ' but these are the responses of just silly boys, who cannot think of anything better.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's very naughty thread diversion.

Remind us what your original topic was?

Latest Threads