Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to the Dentist

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Now I'm quite certain that if a forum was already 'locked', then I would certainly not be allowed to have that Forum unlocked. So my question is how is it Fang had the locked 'Going to the Dentist' forum unlocked?post 140

Members of the Jury, I would like to introduce post #5 of this thread as evidence for the defence.
20200813_061423.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
What's your opinion on this? I know what GDC think

Vampire Fangs

I remember many years ago for Halloween making a set of vampire fangs for the first Mrs F for an Officers' Mess Fancy Dress party.

They looked superb, unfortunately we had to leave the party early in order for me to have to open up the Dental Centre to remove them as they had been rather too good in that not come off by themselves and were cutting the inside of her lip!

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
I remember many years ago for Halloween making a set of vampire fangs for the first Mrs F for an Officers' Mess Fancy Dress party.

They looked superb, unfortunately we had to leave the party early in order for me to have to open up the Dental Centre to remove them as they had been rather too good in that not come off by themselves and were cutting the inside of her lip!
You're ignoring everything else I said and focussing on the throwaway comment at the end? You're either a troll or genuinely old with a broken brain like my Grandad.

Do you like eating pencils as well?
There you are 'Age discrimination' again. Did dad give you a hard time?

Polyester

War Hero
Yep. Wind up.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Now my OP on page one was surely easy to understand. We presently can go for emegency nhs dental treatment. But I would have liked to continue about present Covid 19 conditions and nhs payment to dentists and UDAs, but that would be for a 'Current Affairs' forum.

So, we all get 'notifications' saves sitting waiting for a response!
Not necessarily, it depends what you set in your account. Despite coming across (to you at least) as a bit of a twat, I would be happy to give you
Now my OP on page one was surely easy to understand. We presently can go for emegency nhs dental treatment. But I would have liked to continue about present Covid 19 conditions and nhs payment to dentists and UDAs, but that would be for a 'Current Affairs' forum.
No, it would not, as evidenced by this thread being locked and subsequently moved after you started it in there.
Bit of a toss up as to where it belongs as there is a forum area specifically for COVID 19 related threads and a Health and Fitness area (where the thread was actually moved to).

Nothing stopping you continuing the debate, though I would suggest you will have to accept that if you post any thoughts or questions they are likely to be challenged by others as that is the point of a forum.

Aquavite

Clanker
No, it would be for the Covid-19 forum.

Not necessarily, it depends what you set in your account. Despite coming across (to you at least) as a bit of a twat, I would be happy to give you

No, it would not, as evidenced by this thread being locked and subsequently moved after you started it in there.
Bit of a toss up as to where it belongs as there is a forum area specifically for COVID 19 related threads and a Health and Fitness area (where the thread was actually moved to).

Nothing stopping you continuing the debate, though I would suggest you will have to accept that if you post any thoughts or questions they are likely to be challenged by others as that is the point of a forum.
Now, you know that's not true. There is not a single post on a single thread on arrse that does not conform exactly with the forum area or thread title. That could never happen.

:cool:

So, we all get 'notifications' saves sitting waiting for a response!
Not necessarily, it depends on your Alert preferences.
If you (left) click on your username at the top right of the screen, you get the pop up shown below:
1597315193554.png

Scroll down to "Preferences" and (Left) click on that, the following page is displayed:

1597315441547.png

Scroll down to the section titled "Receive a notification when someone" and you can then select (by (Left) clicking the adjacent Tick box) which action you want to receive an alert for.

Now, you know that's not true. There is not a single post on a single thread on arrse that does not conform exactly with the forum area or thread title. That could never happen.

:cool:
The exception(s), (all of them) proves the rule.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt

That I accept, but not silly rude comments, simply to be about my avatar or my age.

That I accept, but not silly rude comments, simply to be about my avatar or my age.
This is Arrse. You have to expect a bit of banter.
You can either ignore it or give it back.
Just remember that it is just a bit of fun.

KnockKnock

Old-Salt

This is Arrse. You have to expect a bit of banter.
You can either ignore it or give it back.
Just remember that it is just a bit of fun.
I've been giving it back, that the whole idea of banter, but some won't let it go when they get a response from a 'clanker' as I think I was at the start of the thread!
Come on Paddy Mgees Goat, time for you to attach another 'dumb' without (once again) adding anything for us to read!
Got to close now as I am in the middle of opening up the bedroom doorway with 2x bi-fold doors, so as to give Mrs KK more space to move about in her wheelchair.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I've been giving it back, that the whole idea of banter, but some won't let it go when they get a response from a 'clanker' as I think I was at the start of the thread!
Come on Paddy Mgees Goat, time for you to attach another 'dumb' without (once again) adding anything for us to read!
Got to close now as I am in the middle of opening up the bedroom doorway with 2x bi-fold doors, so as to give Mrs KK more space to move about in her wheelchair.

Val Doonican recorded a song called "Paddy McGinty's Goat", but you can't even get that right so your hilarious joke falls a bit flat.

There you are 'Age discrimination' again. Did dad give you a hard time?
I prefer to think of it as '******** discrimination'.

There are some old buggers on here that I seem to get along fairly well with, despite us having very little in common in terms of life experiences or army service.

You seem determined to ignore everything everyone tells you about how this place works and rant about how people are picking on you because you don't have as many (worthless) medals. Have you considered that people are picking on you because you come across as a boring opinionated fool?

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
There must be a word for someone who posts what appears to be a reasonable question, then doesn't like the answers, refuses to acknowledge any advice, then throws a giant geriatric tantrum about something irrelevant...

Last edited:

Latest Threads