Going to the AFCO for the first time..

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by alexe, Apr 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll be going down to the AFCO this week to talk over joining and what not. Just a quick question though, i'm CP4 colour blind. Due to this I havent really looked into a job i'd really want to do, as then finding out I can't do it is a pain in the backside!
    If I went in and said I'm cp4 and would it be possible to see what jobs are available for me, would they not mind if you get me?

Thanks!

2. Well their job is to advice and recruit people into the Army, I'm pretty sure that they won't mind you going in and asking.

3. Best not think about signals, reme or artillery, I'm cp3 and could not get in those when I joined but things might have changed in 20 years.

4. They are there to ask you questions and to answer yours. Good luck hope all goes well.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I thought you could be cp4 in the artillery? am I wrong yeah?

6. Go and ask at the careers office.

This files is from the Army website, it give a list of some stuff that may be a bar to entry and advice to potential recruits on medical screening etc. I'm not sure how upto date it is though.

BGN10_Medical_Notes.doc