Going Sick..and all that is weak !!

DO you remember ....... going sick in number 2's (PT kit 'n' all) if (WE) re-introduced this would it deter those wnkers from skiiving off THE DAY B4, an Ex ?

PS

Do you remenber licourice bombs and Flying Saucers, pear drops Sherbert DIB DABS, .....sorry cold not resist that question??

HA HA :lol: seen you asking to get the other threads off. don't you just hate technology. I have a theroy Computer + beer = looking a tw@t. Gotta love it though
BTW cant answer the question as i have RSI and cant type anymore I might go sick!!

The People going sick would probably get out of wearing No2's by showing a tailors chit, proving that their No2's are having some form of ALTERATIONS being carried out!! :roll:

Reelaay said:
DO you remember ....... going sick in number 2's (PT kit 'n' all) if (WE) re-introduced this would it deter those wnkers from skiiving off THE DAY B4, an Ex ?

PS

Do you remenber licourice bombs and Flying Saucers, pear drops Sherbert DIB DABS, .....sorry cold not resist that question??
FK yeah (to both questions :lol: )

Yea what a good idea, especially when ur in bed dying of flu and you have to get in your 2s wait in the med centre for hours so you can get a chit saying that you can have the day in bed. Yea mint lets bring that back!
(You can replace flu with anything btw)

Admin - BOWMAN - Headache pse get rid of 2 of the 3 of these threds (A) as I can only relphy to 1 (thick as mince ) will get a hang of it cheers

...........preferably the ones with the least hits !
Cheers

Reeeeeeeeellllllllaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

:twisted: By the looks of it reelay you need to go sick !!!!!! Just tell the nurse/doctor you have a technophobia problem !!!!!

Highground - For every person dying of flu (can u die of flu ?) there is probably 8 with no symptoms bar a lack of spine so if you did have to wear your No2s with pattern 58 knapsack packed with overnight kit you would be seen quicker !!! The point being from the title is that if you did bring this back then you would see a drop in numbers in Medcens and then you could get back to your bed quicker !!!!!!!

PS For your info best time to go sick is Friday morning. I know I can't figure it either !!!!! Oh hold on what comes after Friday ??? aaah the weekend. Time to go home to mummy and get the kit washed.

Happy Easter to all especially the little furry bunnies :twisted: :twisted:

How about as well as a leave record card we have a sick parade card. We could have some form of score card :)

Report sick 3 times in a month, lose a days leave
Report sick 4 times in a month lose 2 days leave
etc etc

Wonder if that would work :wink:

What about when you find a suspicious lump somewhere or start sh1tting blood. Is it lame to go the the med centre then?

Hope nothing like that happens to you guys and I feel that discouraging people from seeking proper advice when they are unwell/injured is sheer folley. It is hard enough to get men to seek help when ill (not swinging the lead) therefore making the existing system harder will only discourage people from taking responsibility for their own healthcare. Ignoring symptoms may lead to permenant injury or worse. Please remember that guys of our age (20's and 30's) die of cancer because they do not go for treatment when they know there is something wrong.

If you suspect somebody is mallingering then I suggest that you push it up the chain of command and if needs be, their OC can pass his/her concerns onto the MO.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to insist that anyone who reports sick and is bedded down on a Friday is given 3 days to "recover" thus meaning they will have the weekend to convelesce with a friendly visit from the orderly sausage just to make sure they are still alive.

Is this a pissss take primroseandblue?

I thought you might be a nursy type laidee.

Still, not a bad idea? Oon another thread "Old School" thought it was shhite and never responded but..

Good idea, would stop the waisters. Remember 22 years ago, never went sick unless we were well sick, even then had a problem.

I do see you point, we do have , amazingly a lot of men , so we also have a lot of testicular cancer as a % of UK . Gosh. I am amazed. How about a few medical training teams to tell the men about the facts?.

Yes, I am a nursey type but with my roots firmly in the Royal Corps (Gods trade, of course and I am a bloke). When I worked at the ATR Bassingbourne Medcentre I used to pass around a pair of prosthetic testicles that had suspicious lumps in them to show the lads what they felt like. Invariably they would end up on the chin of one of the female recruits. Amazing how many guys have their lumps detected by their beau in the throws of passion (fnnaarrr, fnnaarrr)

Good link from my Gray Mafioso friend SD there by the way.