Going off camp during phase two at blandford

Why would you want to ? Surely the delights of the NAAFI bar, ( filled as it is with some of the most attractive women the British Army has to offer),the cinema might be open, and the skittle alley are entertainment enough?

Hi, quick questions about phase two training at Blandford. Will I be able to after the working day be able to go off camp during weekdays?
Yes. Be aware that you will have commitments during some of the weekends. You will also have commitments on some of the evenings. It is fairly liberal, though that depends on the reaction to any recent incidents.

Yes. Be aware that you will have commitments during some of the weekends. You will also have commitments on some of the evenings. It is fairly liberal, though that depends on the reaction to any recent incidents.
Thanks, my girlfriend lives close by so want to have the opportunity to meet up with her in the evenings rather than just weekends

Thanks, my girlfriend lives close by so want to have the opportunity to meet up with her in the evenings rather than just weekends
You’ll be expected to book in and out as a phase 2 and the unit has a duty of care and needs to know where you are when not on leave. It’s no biggie.

Why would you want to ? Surely the delights of the NAAFI bar, ( filled as it is with some of the most attractive women the British Army has to offer),the cinema might be open, and the skittle alley are entertainment enough?
Probably plenty of drugs as well... if you know who to ask.

No one uses the NAAFI bar, there is no all ranks bar, or permanent staff bar, and the Denby Bowl closed years ago. Cinema is going strong though hasn’t been invested in for years, we do have new traffic control measures that allow you to tank it past the kids playground (137 mph is the record apparently).

No one uses the NAAFI bar, there is no all ranks bar, or permanent staff bar, and the Denby Bowl closed years ago. Cinema is going strong though hasn’t been invested in for years, we do have new traffic control measures that allow you to tank it past the kids playground (137 mph is the record apparently).
Things are looking up then. Off you go; get yourself down to the “Three Choughs” in town. It was always shit in there as well.

I’m not surprised as all. Last time I was in, some years ago in February, it was freezing inside . The barman wouldn’t turn the heating on as there weren’t enough customers to make worthwhile .
It closed because the brewery didn't like the racket outside its flagship hotel, and I think they were happy to let it decline until it closed. C&As opposite has had a very nice refurb (they actually managed to make a silk purse from a sows ear) and is doing well. The Greyhound has music and dancing though can only be described as a sausage fest.