Going for a spot of PT on a Tuesday night

#1
Or not as the case is ...

H&S has gone too far now .. cant even go for a spot of PT if the PTI hasnt turned up ... fecking livid ...


Sorry just had to get that off my chest ...
 
#3
I would venture that training time is generally too precious to be spent on PT aside from any PFT/CFT required for MATTS etc.

Physical fitness of the TA soldier is something he needs to address in his own time, certainly under current budgetary constraints.
 
#4
msr said:
You can always take part in voluntary sports ;)
thats was my suggestion till someone said nope H&S .. and as said person was several ranks above me so a "feck off fat knacker" was even an option for reply ..

Bloody annoying bollocked if you do ... bollocked if you dont ...
 
#5
EX_STAB said:
I would venture that training time is generally too precious to be spent on PT aside from any PFT/CFT required for MATTS etc.

Physical fitness of the TA soldier is something he needs to address in his own time, certainly under current budgetary constraints.
Appricate that, however as no other useful training was planned .... at least a spot of PT would have been better than having several people not having a clue what to do next ... and as our group only seem to have the pft to do for MATTS made sense to me at least ..
 
#6
EX_STAB said:
I would venture that training time is generally too precious to be spent on PT aside from any PFT/CFT required for MATTS etc.

Physical fitness of the TA soldier is something he needs to address in his own time, certainly under current budgetary constraints.
Similar to regulars on Wed afternoons?
 
#12
3_Peco_Seconds_GO said:
msr said:
You can always take part in voluntary sports ;)
thats was my suggestion till someone said nope H&S .. and as said person was several ranks above me so a "feck off fat knacker" was even an option for reply ..

Bloody annoying bollocked if you do ... bollocked if you dont ...
Person several ranks above you was talking out of his hoop,with rank comes knowledge,my arse.
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#14
Bravo_Bravo said:
So you can do PT in Army time sans PTI?
Yes. If you are stood down by the chain of command at the end of training on a Saturday and decide to go for a run, that is PT in army time sans PTI.

Conducting organised, mandatory PT without a PTI/ETL present is not acceptable. Neither is telling the blokes that you have no training planned for their 2 hours of attendance on a training night but suggesting that they can go off for a run/play 5 a side if they want to.
 
#17
Bravo_Bravo said:
So you can do PT in Army time sans PTI?
Can you have a quick game of football on the field without a risk assesment and lesson plan being completed by the appropriate in date person at your location?
 
#18
Your Grace

The OP did refer to tuesday nights.

@ Tom - if its on a tuesday night, you're supposed to have appropriate ticks in boxes. So, probably not, TBH.
 

The_Duke

LE
Moderator
#19
Bravo_Bravo said:
Your Grace

The OP did refer to tuesday nights.

@ Tom - if its on a tuesday night, you're supposed to have appropriate ticks in boxes. So, probably not, TBH.
I know - the point I was trying to make (obviously not well) is that being stood down for a few hours over a local training weekend or on camp and conducting a bit of ad hoc personal phys is fine. The OP raises two issues:

1. His unit needs to get a grip and organise some training, PT or otherwise.

2. The "few ranks higher" bloke is right - you cannot organise PT without a PTI/ETL. If he had turned a blind eye and someone had subsequently injured themselves all hell would have broken loose.
 
#20
The_Duke said:
I know - the point I was trying to make (obviously not well) is that being stood down for a few hours over a local training weekend or on camp and conducting a bit of ad hoc personal phys is fine. The OP raises two issues:

1. His unit needs to get a grip and organise some training, PT or otherwise.

2. The "few ranks higher" bloke is right - you cannot organise PT without a PTI/ETL. If he had turned a blind eye and someone had subsequently injured themselves all hell would have broken loose.
Your Grace, Indeed my unit is normally very good at sorting something to do and I assume there was something planned originally but due to unforseen events the staff were not availble, what im livvid at is, that considering what we are suppose to train for(ops) we cant be trusted to do a little light PT when these unforseen hicups occur ..
 

Latest Threads

New Posts