Going dry

I never had the urge to ever "swamp," as you guys call it...knock on wood..but it just seemed a lot more like an expression than a thing. Like I said, I never experienced it, so maybe something in the future. Hopefully, not.

p.s: I am not dry, right now, if you include everything else. confession time, I am slightly buzzed off some weed given to me by my flatmate. allegedly. kill me. it's a better supplicant than boooze for sure.

I shared a room in the great big brick barracks at Celle wit an Int Corps full screw who swamped literally every night after a skinful. His morning routine included propping up his mattress against the wall by an open window.

Ended up a retread Major I believe.

Had been training as a Catholic priest before jacking it in to become a Muppet.

I shared a room in the great big brick barracks at Celle wit an Int Corps full screw who swamped literally every night after a skinful. His morning routine included propping up his mattress against the wall by an open window.

Ended up a retread Major I believe.

Had been training as a Catholic priest before jacking it in to become a Muppet.
Say again in English , oh do not bother we know you made it up.

One of my fellow Subalterns was known as Two Cans or Swampy for his capacity for drink & the results if he exceeded that capacity. All jolly amusing, except for the poor sod who had to share a room with him...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It wasn't bunk beds I hope?
We had a guy who was famous for that. At Volgelsang after a post exercise piss up he decided to climb into the top bunk instead of his own lower bunk and swamped three mattresses. He was borrowing 'oddies' for weeks after that once he had paid for three mattresses. He was a strange guy, pissed after a couple of pints but lasted the whole evening of heavy drinking, and beyond, on a regular basis.

That nephew I told you about [post#1527 ] has a brother now he was into all sorts of drugs but he didn't touch
wacky baccy, today he his clean and back working, that is why I beleave that it's wacky baccy that frecks
your brain up big time, remenber this once your brain is damaged it can't be repaired
At least there's a chance of a transplant with booze

EDIT I'm finished with this now as it's balls in the thread up
Old style grass was fine in reasonable amounts I am told.
Skunk is far stronger and more addictive and thus much more dangerous.
I stick to the soup, tastes better and in reason is not so dangerous.
Plus I have no desire to see the mess the world will be in in 25 years time. Or less.

Old style grass was fine in reasonable amounts I am told.
Skunk is far stronger and more addictive and thus much more dangerous.
I stick to the soup, tastes better and in reason is not so dangerous.
Plus I have no desire to see the mess the world will be in in 25 years time. Or less.
I can't find one study that says wacky baccy will do "this and that" to you, because people
are effected in differant ways, there'a a lot of maybe as in the statement below,
I can only go on what I see in family and friends

"Schizophrenia – Population studies reveal an association between cannabis use and increased risk of schizophrenia. How? Experts think that marijuana can trigger the onset or relapse of schizophrenia in people *predisposed* to it, *perhaps* also intensifying their symptoms."

* the maybe

I can't find one study that says wacky baccy will do "this and that" to you, because people
are effected in differant ways, there'a a lot of maybe as in the statement below,
I can only go on what I see in family and friends

"Schizophrenia – Population studies reveal an association between cannabis use and increased risk of schizophrenia. How? Experts think that marijuana can trigger the onset or relapse of schizophrenia in people *predisposed* to it, *perhaps* also intensifying their symptoms."

* the maybe
We are in agreement.
I have seen several examples of work colleagues who for whatever reason gave up skunk and almost immediately became better people to know.
Incidentally hashish actually means grass in whatever Arabic language it comes from and the Marsh Arabs used to feed it to their Water Buffaloes as it kept them somnolent.

We are in agreement.
I have seen several examples of work colleagues who for whatever reason gave up skunk and almost immediately became better people to know.
Incidentally hashish actually means grass in whatever Arabic language it comes from and the Marsh Arabs used to feed it to their Water Buffaloes as it kept them somnolent.
Closest translation is dried herbs, powdered dry herbs, so quite correct.

One of my fellow Subalterns was known as Two Cans or Swampy for his capacity for drink & the results if he exceeded that capacity. All jolly amusing, except for the poor sod who had to share a room with him...
Going through trade training 20 odd years ago we were in 3 man rooms. Me and one other lad always stayed at the weekends as we were knocking off local lasses, the other lad was a bit older and already married with kids so would go home Friday at knock off.

The lad, lets call him Ben because that was his name, used to love the 3 litre bottles of Frosty Jacks cider and would regularly knock back at least one bottle on a Friday evening before swamping the other lads bed. - never his own. His biggest problem was that the lad who went home was also on the boxing team and would regularly have to 'have a word' with Ben on Sunday evening when he got back to a slightly damp mattress.

It’s confession time and I’m not at all proud of this. Although it happened over 30 years ago, it still haunts me. It was JDSC in the days when it was at Warminster, a four month intellectual mind **** that followed a four week phase at RMAS and a phase at Shrivenham. At Warminster there wasn’t room in the Infantry Mess for all 200 of us so me and a fellow Cav dude we’re billeted on the patch. Lots of home work so we went large on the few occassions of fun. Mid course dinner night I started drinking at tea time and basically didn’t stop. Long story short, I blacked out, my Cav mate got me back to the pad and I work up cold and wet and stinking of piss. Bollocks, didn’t fancy shelling out for a new mattress. So I dried it out and turned it over to be dealt with later. Fast forward six weeks to end of course piss up. I stay sober, having selected the guy on the course that had pissed me off the most (an Irish Ranger). Once everyone was well oiled, I drive back to the pad, load my pissed mattress into the car, drive to the mess, shin up fire escape with pissed matress having previously propped open the fire door. Let myself into Ranger’s room with master key liberated from cleaning ladies’ pantry. Swap mattresses, made his bed nicely, shin back down fire escape with good matress and off home. Deposit good matress in bed, rejoin the piss up, make up for lost time, job done. At least I learnt something about planning on JDSC.

It’s confession time and I’m not at all proud of this. Although it happened over 30 years ago, it still haunts me. It was JDSC in the days when it was at Warminster, a four month intellectual mind **** that followed a four week phase at RMAS and a phase at Shrivenham. At Warminster there wasn’t room in the Infantry Mess for all 200 of us so me and a fellow Cav dude we’re billeted on the patch. Lots of home work so we went large on the few occassions of fun. Mid course dinner night I started drinking at tea time and basically didn’t stop. Long story short, I blacked out, my Cav mate got me back to the pad and I work up cold and wet and stinking of piss. Bollocks, didn’t fancy shelling out for a new mattress. So I dried it out and turned it over to be dealt with later. Fast forward six weeks to end of course piss up. I stay sober, having selected the guy on the course that had pissed me off the most (an Irish Ranger). Once everyone was well oiled, I drive back to the pad, load my pissed mattress into the car, drive to the mess, shin up fire escape with pissed matress having previously propped open the fire door. Let myself into Ranger’s room with master key liberated from cleaning ladies’ pantry. Swap mattresses, made his bed nicely, shin back down fire escape with good matress and off home. Deposit good matress in bed, rejoin the piss up, make up for lost time, job done. At least I learnt something about planning on JDSC.
That’s a cünts trick.

Well done.

This is the "going dry" thread,stop reminding us how much fun booze is y'twat!

It wasn't bunk beds I hope?
If bunks offered he was made to sleep in the bottom one. Until the day one of us hopped out of the top bunk, in bare feet naturally, onto a soggy carpet.

We did try to persuade him to use a camp bed in the drying room after that...

Back on thread: went to Tesco’s to get some of this Ghost Ship Ravers was on about. They were sold out of that so I got some Sheppy’s low alcohol classic cider. This I genuinely can’t tell from the full alcohol cider. 5 stars.

Back on thread: went to Tesco’s to get some of this Ghost Ship Ravers was on about. They were sold out of that
Why don't you ask @Oddbod about why that was? Looks like the bu**er bought their entire stock....

4.5/5 for Ghost Ship.

02.00 yesterday one of my supervisors had to send an agency driver home for failing the breathalyser.

To be scrupulously fair, he had got a late call from the agency to come in and cover sickness (about 19.00hrs) after he failed the breathalyser he said he had already had a couple before he got the call.

Didn't blow over the England/Wales limit but was over the Scottish limit (and he was scheduled for Glasgow run)
We operate zero tolereance, any alcohol on the machine and you aren't driving. We won't have him back again as it sends the wrong message to the other drivers.
Went down to the agency office and had a chat, they were contemplating firing him but suggested a strong talking too. He wasn't illegal and he wasn't drunk but he would have been illegal at that level over the border.

This is the third time in 6 months that we;ve had to take some form of action with a proffessional driver for alcohol related issues.
Alcohol is clearly a far bigger problem in this country than most people realise.

Edited to correct the error pointed out by Auld Yin in the next post

Last edited: