Going dry

Chef

LE
My wife was a right Cow ! but its amazing how far she improved after I went to AA.
A lot of people became more reasonable when I stopped drinking. Weird that.

Even better! Today I was marched out off office by Deputy Head & Site Team, having had my personal stuff searched to see I hadn’t stolen any school property. Thought I was working as a Primary School Business Manager, not a trader at Goldman’s in a crash.

Grateful not to get up for next two days at 06:15 & burn petrol to go & be abused. I’m fact grateful not to be wasting electricity to iron two more shirts ;)

Touched that one of my team realised what was going on, grabbed my farewell card, & legged it outside with my farewell card so she could flag my car down in road outside school & hand card over…

Even better! Today I was marched out off office by Deputy Head & Site Team, having had my personal stuff searched to see I hadn’t stolen any school property. Thought I was working as a Primary School Business Manager, not a trader at Goldman’s in a crash.

Grateful not to get up for next two days at 06:15 & burn petrol to go & be abused. I’m fact grateful not to be wasting electricity to iron two more shirts ;)

Touched that one of my team realised what was going on, grabbed my farewell card, & legged it outside with my farewell card so she could flag my car down in road outside school & hand card over…
FFS. What did you do? Turn up naked?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It's a strange world, teaching.

Someone I know recounted to me how the teachers at their school were pulled in one day by the Head and given a lecture on 'behaving properly when out in public and recognisable as teachers from the school'.

The reason, it transpired, was that on a night out one of the teachers, who is gay, got larruped and then bent over the pool table in a crowded pub and shouted, "Does anyone want to fück me up the árse."

The specifics weren't telegraphed during the collective talking-to; they filtered out later. No sanction was taken against the 'inviter'.

Some time on, my acquaintance decided that they had had enough of the nonsense management and resigned from the school.

A few days later, said acquaintance was pulled in for a one-on-one talking-to... which became a screaming at about 'compromising another teacher's right to privacy'. They were marched off the premises immediately thereafter.

What had in fact happened was that a new teacher had arrived at the school, and she had asked my friend about another teacher. An innocuous, "Just so I'm clear, is she gay?" was responded to with an equally innocuous, "Oh yes but she's quite open about it. It's not an issue if you speak to her about it."

In other words all and nothing - but if your face doesn't fit...

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer

Onwards and upwards now old son.. The world is your lobster...

Mölders 1

War Hero
It's a strange world, teaching.

Someone I know recounted to me how the teachers at their school were pulled in one day by the Head and given a lecture on 'behaving properly when out in public and recognisable as teachers from the school'.

The reason, it transpired, was that on a night out one of the teachers, who is gay, got larruped and then bent over the pool table in a crowded pub and shouted, "Does anyone want to fück me up the árse."

The specifics weren't telegraphed during the collective talking-to; they filtered out later. No sanction was taken against the 'inviter'.

Some time on, my acquaintance decided that they had had enough of the nonsense management and resigned from the school.

A few days later, said acquaintance was pulled in for a one-on-one talking-to... which became a screaming at about 'compromising another teacher's right to privacy'. They were marched off the premises immediately thereafter.

What had in fact happened was that a new teacher had arrived at the school, and she had asked my friend about another teacher. An innocuous, "Just so I'm clear, is she gay?" was responded to with an equally innocuous, "Oh yes but she's quite open about it. It's not an issue if you speak to her about it."

In other words all and nothing - but if your face doesn't fit...
No wonder Men are leaving/staying away from the Teaching Profession en masse......

You can do/deserve better than this Friend......

I think saying to a teacher, especially a head teacher, that I could do my job better if I was actually briefed about what was going on might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. I was actually more polite than that.

There’s also the fact that I’d started digging up some failures in financial processes. Strangely enough the head (when deputy last year) had been responsible for checking these processes.

There’s also the fact I wasn’t female/coloured/grossly obese enough (or all three). That perhaps didn’t help ;)

I think saying to a teacher, especially a head teacher, that I could do my job better if I was actually briefed about what was going on might have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. I was actually more polite than that.

There’s also the fact that I’d started digging up some failures in financial processes. Strangely enough the head (when deputy last year) had been responsible for checking these processes.

There’s also the fact I wasn’t female/coloured/grossly obese enough (or all three). That perhaps didn’t help ;)
Thank goodness for that! Only other explanation I could come up with was the Deputy Head catching you bending his wife over his desk.

No wonder Men are leaving/staying away from the Teaching Profession en masse......
Not just men, it's an issue across all teachers and has been for years. On average about 30% of all new teachers pack it in within 5 years. Last time there was a big NEU survey about 40% of all teachers said they wanted to quit within 5 years and about 20% said they were planning on leaving in 2 years. The usual caveats about it being the NEU, self selecting sample etc. apply but it's not all sunshine.

Back on thread, I'm almost 8 months in and not really missing the booze. There's been a few times while stuck at home that I've fancied a beer or glass of whisky but those aren't cravings, more a 'that would be nice' thought.

100% there is at fraud, or at the very least, covering for someone who is mismanaging money going on there. You've been dismissed because you were on to her. You absolutely should whistle blow about it. Not to get your job back, as I very much doubt you want it back, but to ensure that she has her collar felt and/or P45 served.

Teaching is an absolute cesspit at the minute, and as you've correctly called, you penis is part of the reason you've been moved on. Imagine how this would have panned out if the sexes/races were switched in this situation...

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
100% there is at fraud, or at the very least, covering for someone who is mismanaging money going on there. You've been dismissed because you were on to her. You absolutely should whistle blow about it. Not to get your job back, as I very much doubt you want it back, but to ensure that she has her collar felt and/or P45 served.

Teaching is an absolute cesspit at the minute, and as you've correctly called, you penis is part of the reason you've been moved on. Imagine how this would have panned out if the sexes/races were switched in this situation...
Totally agree - sounds like unfair dismissal to me, although can only speculate on the brief detail we have here....free legal advice and support via teachers union? I smell an ET......

Looking on the bright side I have enough in bank not to worry about work until January. First two weeks of November will be devoted to collecting for the Poppy Appeal locally, with one day off for LPD :)

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looking on the bright side I have enough in bank not to worry about work until January. First two weeks of November will be devoted to collecting for the Poppy Appeal locally, with one day off for LPD :)
You can enjoy being a whistle-blower after a couple of months have passed ...

Couple more I've just tried:

Days Lager. Bit weak for my liking. Falls into happy to drink it, wouldn't choose to serve it.
Days Pale Ale. Much better than the lager with a pleasant malt flavour in the mix. Happy to drink and happy to serve.

Have high hopes for the experimental slab from these people

dropbearblink_600x.gif

Fishsoxs

Old-Salt
Have high hopes for the experimental slab from these people

dropbearblink_600x.gif

Not sure if its the same selection as I had last year but if it's included the Bonfire Stout was really nice!