Going dry

Has anyone tried the 0% alcohol Gordon's Gin yet?
Not a gin drinker myself, but #1 daughter used to like a G&T before she had to go onto medication that means she can't drink alcohol. She claims the 0% Gordon's tastes almost identical to the real thing.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Not a gin drinker myself, but #1 daughter used to like a G&T before she had to go onto medication that means she can't drink alcohol. She claims the 0% Gordon's tastes almost identical to the real thing.
Thanks for that. Didn't want to invest in a bottle without asking for a customer review!

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Just done a quick stock check and it looks like we need to drink more.

All of this is alcohol free or very low alcohol content (under 0.5%).

The small bottles are mostly syrups and flavourings for making cocktails (or mocktails).

Most of it was free. Stuff that people have kindly sent us to try and plug on our Instagram page which is nearly at 4000 followers.

The only thing that puts me off the Gordon’s is that there is so much other good stuff out there. All of these will hold their own with some premium tonic in the mix and each of them is unique. The flavour isn’t drowned out by alcohol.

Trying these has actually become a hobby in its own right. The same way I used to like trying different single malt whiskies.

A2135D3F-2187-4B6F-A6EF-08FA8C6837B2.jpeg
40E2F610-AC62-4534-AD3F-F16DAEDF35ED.jpeg
390A81BE-3CC7-467A-A8B3-528722267BAC.jpeg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Lady Ravers is very impressed with this rhubarb stuff from Aldi. I’ve just had a sip and it’s not bad at all.

The box on the right was a stocking filler for Christmas. It’s just little dried botanicals and flowers and stuff that you can stick in a G&T to liven it up a bit.

98B7E943-9365-4361-8FDF-97130451F026.jpeg

Just done a quick stock check and it looks like we need to drink more.

All of this is alcohol free or very low alcohol content (under 0.5%).

The small bottles are mostly syrups and flavourings for making cocktails (or mocktails).

Most of it was free. Stuff that people have kindly sent us to try and plug on our Instagram page which is nearly at 4000 followers.

The only thing that puts me off the Gordon’s is that there is so much other good stuff out there. All of these will hold their own with some premium tonic in the mix and each of them is unique. The flavour isn’t drowned out by alcohol.

Trying these has actually become a hobby in its own right. The same way I used to like trying different single malt whiskies.

View attachment 539962View attachment 539963View attachment 539964
I feel an arrsepedia wiki page coming on...

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Impressed with this one. Tastes a little stronger (if that’s even possible with AF beer) than the French one, but every bit as good.

No excuse for drinking Becks Blue when stuff like this is out there.

7359DB2C-4A00-4C98-8F0F-61A06E7FB20F.jpeg

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My nearest Aldi is on the local council estate, does Lady Ravers go shopping in these sort of places on a poverty safari ?

In all seriousness she grew up with her parents buying stuff from Harrods and whatnot.

They even had people to go shopping for them.

John Lewis was about as bottom of the rung as it got.

Not long into our relationship I introduced her to Wilko (this was before the days of Home Bargains and B&M and before Aldi and Lidl hit our shores).

At first she was horrified by the sheer pikeyness of it all, but was quickly bowled over by the cheap tat on offer. She’d spent her whole life thinking a towel cost 60 quid. In Wilko you can get a towel for £3.99.

15 years down the line and we now have the opposite problem. If she was left to her own devices she’d fill our 400 year old manor house up with highly flammable Chinese made soft furnishings from Poundland.

I’ve created a monster.

Thanks for that. Didn't want to invest in a bottle without asking for a customer review!
You are most welcome. Just as long as you understand that I take no responsibility for my daughter's taste (or lack thereof). We are, afterall, talking about someone who at the age of 24 will put tomato sauce on a fillet steak. Oh, the humanity...

I believe farmfoods-

10565464.jpg

is the top trumps of scum shopping ?

Most shoppers wear a suit,......a track suit.
Its worse than that. Some of them don't even bother to change into their day pyjamas.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Another nice gin alternative. You can buy this one in Sainsbury’s.

243F7185-38CC-4E1C-874A-DDDEF7C23872.jpeg

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

halloumikid

Old-Salt
Impressed with this one. Tastes a little stronger (if that’s even possible with AF beer) than the French one, but every bit as good.

No excuse for drinking Becks Blue when stuff like this is out there.

View attachment 539974
Called into my local Aldi. Due the ‘Raver’s Effect’, the shop has been cleared out of this and the St Etienne you mentioned. It’s the problem with living in Wiltshire: too many Arrsers!

Halloumikid

Lidl do a very nice elderflower cordial.........

I was forced to stop drinking alcohol on New Years Eve, due to having to take 3 superstrong antibiotics to sort out a stomach problem, for 9 days.

Never gone without a snifter for more than 2 days in 50 years, so very apprehensive I could cope, but with the help of a Nytol every night, and a cocktail of sparkling lemon and lime water, with a jolt of elderflower, (an Ooog ) I've gone 3 weeks without.

Thinking of keeping it up for a while yet........

Latest Threads