going backwards??

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by OIorDIE, Jun 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. on monday my runtime for 3 miles was 22 minutes 50 today its 23 minutes 30, what the **** is wrong with me, i felt i pushed it harder today.

Has anyone else gone backwards on their run time rather than progressing, im really worried im gonna get even slower
  2. Your fitness works in peaks and troughs.

It dips before increasing, it then troughs at a higher level before increasing more so...if you are training correctly?
  3. i do a run one day and weights or hit the bags or body weight excersizes the next, is that trainign right?

and thanks for the reply easing my worry a bit.
  4. How many days do you train a week ?
  5. It's quite normal to hit a 'plateau' every 6-8 weeks or so, when you stop improving, no matter what you do. I've found that varying my training helps. You may also be over-training. Not really qualified to say more, and don't want to misinform you.
  6. 6 to 7 depending how i feel on the sunday
  7. Post your training plan, I think I know what the problem is.
  8. monday ~ 3 miles run
    tuesday ~ bag work
    wednesday ~ 3 miles run
    thursday ~ weights (bicep and forearm)
    friday ~ 3 miles run
    saturday ~ weights (chest and tricep)
    sunday ~ bag work
    there you go mate, what ya reckeon, know what it is?
  9. You need rest days in there for a start, can you expand on what "bag work" is please ?
  10. its about 30 minutes to 45 minutes on a heavy bag with about 3 1 to 3 minute rests inbetween

I usually rest on sunday but i love the bag so am starting doing it more often.

I also do skipping after my runs but if im honest the amount of time i actually spend skipping equals about 1 minute so its nothing to note as an actual excersize as im so shit at coordinating my jumps lol.
  11. How disapointing. I was hoping for a revolutionary moonwalking kinda exercise walking backwards to be revealed...
  12. haha thats how i draw yall into my shit threads
  13. What exactly are you training for ?

What is your long term goal
  14. to join the army, but at this rate i will never be fit enough for the infantry :(
  15. oh and boxing