Going back into afganistan??

Iv heard a lot on the news lately that trump is sending US soldiers back into afghan to improve security. Do you think he will ask for help or will we ever go back in?

hotel_california

LE
Book Reviewer
Iv heard a lot on the news lately that trump is sending US soldiers back into afghan to improve security. Do you think he will ask for help or will we ever go back in?
My answer depends on what newspaper you are writing for.

must resist the obvious comment about people not going

No its actually Russell Adam but he's cunningly disguised himself for PERSEC reasons.
Oh bugger.......what have i done........................

Last edited:
Would you like us to go back in? Seeing as how we are cash strapped to the bone I'm wondering how T-May could justify another ongoing commitment

I wouldn't think they even need our assets to do an effect job of even more "collateral damage"

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
My local Rev was quite surprised at the Remembrance Service last year when I told him there were still British troops in Afghanistan.

Update on Afghan:
2 YORKs have been there for a few months now- as we all know- and will be coming home in December.
Initially, it was just training other troops and defending bases, however, recently the British Army has been uploading photos of Soldiers patrolling Kabul on their official Instagram page '@britisharmy'.
I just thought that it was worth mentioning being that it seems impossible to find news about combat.
Afghan fighting - the latest reports.

The GBP thinks we left without a backward glance....

Last edited:
Rather than unloading weapons from ships and subs that are being decommissioned or going in for repair, why not just blast the lot off at Afghanistan?

After all, the stuff has a "use by date" and I'd rather it didn't go to waste. Same with aircraft, couple of spare bombs / cruise missiles and a few rounds of 20mm? quick detour and drop the lot on Afghanistan. Extra practice and don't have to worry about landing weights.

Winner all round.