Gods no - Sharkey Ward has got his own blog!

One presumes 'RAF Transport Command' is still using Bristol Britannia's?

One presumes 'RAF Transport Command' is still using Bristol Britannia's?
Ha! Well at least they work.

Have you seen 216 Squadron's static display at BZZ?

Every airframe has a zimmer welded into it, some of them signed by Martin Luther.

I only managed a couple of pages of his over self-regarding ranting.
Shame really

T

Tinman74

He thinks a CDR out ranks a Group Captain, or so his letter about the harsh treatment he received at the hands of the crabs, the bell end!

Wow. Fascinating. I didn't realise that carrier based air was the solution to abso-*******-lutely everything.

He's done graphs and tables and this and that. Genius.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
I think Sharkey's absolutley right and his message is spot on and I notice the best anyone else can do is abuse the messenger. NB his point about the RAF refusing duty off Sierra Leone and the FAA having to do their job for them.

...before writing angry letters to the Foreign Secretary complaining about 'RAF Transport Command', its worth checking whether such an organisation still exists?...

Sharkey's World
And such an obscure reference, too. Which part of the RAF could he possibly be talking about? Strike? ISTAR? Maritime?

As mentioned previously, Sharkey's World has been around since 2010 but I'll bet he's grateful to his typically bile-spitting detractors for reminding people of its existence every now and then. :)

And such an obscure reference, too. Which part of the RAF could he possibly be talking about? Strike? ISTAR? Maritime?

As mentioned previously, Sharkey's World has been around since 2010 but I'll bet he's grateful to his typically bile-spitting detractors for reminding people of its existence every now and then. :)

Perhaps you'd like to explain to the audience how Ward wailing on for 30 years about the evil RAF not rolling out a red carpet and laying on 'me first' planes to welcome back the self declared all conquering hero helps the RN's case?
His chapter in his book, which he points to in his missive to FIG, reads like the petulant ravings of a spoilt child at every opportunity from FI back to the UK - 'Clear the decks, make a hole! Sharky coming through! Special treatment if you please!' - and brought him the response from the RAF he deserved.

Alamo

LE
I think Sharkey's absolutley right and his message is spot on and I notice the best anyone else can do is abuse the messenger. NB his point about the RAF refusing duty off Sierra Leone and the FAA having to do their job for them.
WTF are you talking about? 'Refusing' what exactly? Seems you may be a delusional as him/

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
the navy should be in charge of air fighty type stuff, after all britain was one big US carrier for decades. 200 fighty planes rotating off a few carriers fitted for and with planes would be a nice way to do things instead of 400 fighty looky likey planes fitted for bombs but not with.

basing out entire structure on navalising means that when we get pissed off with govt we can load up and ship out somewhere else that wants us :)

You're entitled to your opinion.

Personally I think he was a top-notch pilot and warrior-of-the-skies in his day. Now, his ramblings verge on senility and cause him to be a bit (no, rather a lot) of a laughing stock. Speak to any of the modern-day FAA, and they cringe when you mention him, or indeed his son.

Who needs to rip the piss out of the Navy's piss-easy entrance exams / appalling fitness standards / lack of contribution to modern campaigns, when Sharkey does it for you. He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Chas (massive supporter of the FAA and the RN)

CQMS

LE
Having experienced RAF shift changes particularly at BZZ I'd say that anyone who wanted to lay into the RAF has my full support.

Perhaps you'd like to explain to the audience how Ward wailing on for 30 years about the evil RAF not rolling out a red carpet and laying on 'me first' planes to welcome back the self declared all conquering hero helps the RN's case?...
SunnoWC - Why should I? I'm just amused by all those (including you) who periodically draw attention to the existence of Sharkey Ward's normally obscure website to bemoan the existence of his no longer obscure website. :)

Hear hear. Although thinking about it, that may have something to do with the RAF too.....

Alamo

LE
Hear hear. Although thinking about it, that may have something to do with the RAF too.....
'fraid not. Can't say that there aren't any RAF personnel serving there, but it's an Army (RLC) show. In all honesty I have no idea why the place exists.

(Getting a bit off-thread here though)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
the navy should be in charge of air fighty type stuff, after all britain was one big US carrier for decades. 200 fighty planes rotating off a few carriers fitted for and with planes would be a nice way to do things instead of 400 fighty looky likey planes fitted for bombs but not with.

basing out entire structure on navalising means that when we get pissed off with govt we can load up and ship out somewhere else that wants us :)
If you start another carrier aviation thread, even by accident, you are going to hell.

He thinks a CDR out ranks a Group Captain, or so his letter about the harsh treatment he received at the hands of the crabs, the bell end!
I dare say that the Stn Cdrs of Ascension and Brize probably recollect their dealings with Sharkey somewhat differently to those described in his book, but hey ho. Whatever gets him through the night.

Or have I just committed first-degree blasphemy by suggesting there may be a little untruth in his book????

Oh my God, I am going straight to hell.......

Latest Threads