Godley VC sells for £276K

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jul 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. I woudn't be surprised if a certain Lord Ashcroft hasn't added it to his collection. If so he will have it on display soon.

3. Snap!

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I originally thought of Ashcroft, but he's not normally shy in coming forward on occasions like this.

5. Yes more than likely ashcroft .It is just a shame this happens when the should be lodged in there respective museams (i know there wiil be a copy in the museam but that is not the same

6. So what value does this put on Beharry's VC for example?

7. X59

X59 LE

Some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I believe it will depend on the notoriety/publicity. I have heard a figure of £1 million.

9. Thanks Blobby

10. It's a pity the medal is worth more than the man - for some, at least.

11. There's no real value in a piece of metal. It's just sentimental bullshit. Selling it doesn't demean or dishonour the actions of the ballsy ****** who won it.

If I was in possession of a VC and knew I could swap it for a massive house in the countryside and the chance to give my kids a great education, for example, I wouldn't think twice.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well said.

13. I'd do exactly the same, my family's welfare would always take priority.

The history of the action behind the award will always be on record anyway so it takes nothing from the person it was originally awarded to.

14. There was a TV program not so long ago that interviewed some VC winners. There was an Aussie and a Scot, can't remember their names, sorry, but they both said that it was a pain in the arse to have one it.