god told me to do it

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by maguire, Oct 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

So, after the reports on tonights news that george bush told people that god told him to order the invasion of Iraq, what spin does that put on the legality of the whole affair? can you call god as a witness in a court of law? and surely this means he is playing with a short deck..... can he really be trusted to hold the office he does?

2. WTF is that idiot on? Is he deliberately trying to make things worse?

3. :?
    I wonder what else that 'God' has revealed to Bush :wink:

Maybe some serious revelation that will allow the americal forces to do their job in Iraq...no doubt!!

Get help George....before it is too late 8O 8O

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

5. This is why evangelicals bother me. Take the TV evangelists for example. If they have direct lines to God, why do they invariably have wives that look like Lily Savage?

In seriousness, I can't stand these people who have the arrogance to presume that they are 'doing God's work' and that 'God is on their side'. How the fcuk do they know? All they have to go on is a big book of fairy tales written between 3000 and 1600 years agothat has been translated adapted and misdirected a million times to serve the ends of a million different people.

6. And I presume you think a Palestinian negotiator is a more reliable source :).

7. That would be a rather emphatic NO. But since the thread started off with Monkey-Boy, I thought I'd start with the American Taleban.

8. That doesn't sound completely out of line for Bush. It sounds a lot like something he would say. He's crazy and idiotic enough! Whether he said it or not, he's still a big c*nt

9. We all thought he was a bit of a muppet, and we all knew he was thinking it. And that was fine, because Al-Jazeera can't quote you for thinking it.

But to actually come out and say it? Just how fcuking stupid is this man? Is he really trying to start a religious war?

10. 307

307 War Hero

Probably

11. Its no surprise really. The spams are trying to push the theory of Intelligent Design on us-ie God created everything. Mind you, Dubya has nuked Darwin's theory out of the water every extra day he spends on this planet!!!

12. Good question Bits. On a scale of 1 -10 I'm guessing a 9.5.

Now as much as I think old GW is barking mad are we only relying on the BBC report here over this God thingy. If that is the case then I'm yet to be fully sold it happened. The BBC lost serious credibility over the Kelly affair and I don't believe they still wouldn't massage a massive amount of poetic licence into a report.

13. God on our side, Gott mitt uns, Allah Akhbar, this God bloke would start a fight in a nunnery. Thank Christ he doesn't drink at my local.

14. Ok if this is true, does this throw the Iranian question into a new light?

We've all agreed that there's not enougth forces to do it, but Maybe God knows better.

At least it explains why TCB is so into doing what GW tells him, GW is obviosly a prophet...

15. Stop! ok we don't like TCB or Bush, fair play.........one thing to think about though as that the great Allah (ie their God) is telling them that their "Jihad" is fair!, then this comes out.... yes it does sound a bit "playground" he said that she said but it might of been or i dont know it first etc but if they can pull the sympathy card ? whaddaya reck? Seems to me that far to many people here have bein sucked in already,not meanin the site meaning the populous, even though they show condemnation they sudside to political correctness. Me ? I would love a peaceful world, really would! but in the mean time lets show em Mr Boom Boom, instant sunshine! (Istarted of being diplomatic, but then started to twitch!)