God Squad at Blandford Forum Bans Carol

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Pantsoff, Dec 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The bus can stay where it is. He makes a good point , and a little bit of publicity to highlight the problem doesn't hurt.

Shame no one ever wrote "O little town of Harare"

2. I think he's taking the carol a bit too literally, and he is using his personal (political?) views to justify stopping the singing of what is a rather nice carol, but it's hardly outrage bus material.

3. We don't need the bus, thats walking distance from the Royal School of Signals....

4. Couldn't care less, however a quick chat in the office brought up these ideas for more bans

'silent night' banned near all airports
    'A Boy Is Born in Bethlehem', 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen','Good Christian Men Rejoice' - all sexist
    'Brightest and Best' discriminatory against those who are differently illuminated,

5. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

...... and don't get me started on "O Come all ye faithful", disgusting!

6. Good on you Vicar, now ban all the rest of your carols too so I dont have to listen to that religious sh1t on my door step year after year.

7. "He said the Arab-Israeli conflict had destroyed its population and tourism and that he would not join in the singing of the carol. "

Doh, what does he think these "conflicts" do? He should have popped over to Bosnia when that "conflict" was on too, there are many others as well. Ban all the songs/carols you want it wont make a blind bit of difference. Ah well perhaps he will sleep at night now he has banned that carol eh?

8. And just what were those Shepherds doing just before they saw a star - eh all boys together with a few sheep and a long night stag to fill eh??

9. Move along please,nothing to see here.

10. Reasons to be cheerfull ----------part 3 verse 1

11. What about "Deck the halls with boughs of holly"
    Think about the line "Don we now our Gay apparel"
    A drag show FFS. Disgusting!!

12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

No need of the "Reg Varney Memorial Outrage Omnibus" on this one
    Checking the paperwork for the band wagon I see L/Cpl Sentamu still has it signed out on various publicity duties so he will probably cover it.

As Jesus was a Jew shouldn't the Church be supporting Israel in their quest to get Bethlehem back under Jewish rule?

13. Oh little town of Blandford Forum
    Far from a motorway you lie
    Above your charity shop encrusted streets
    The chavs and pikeys go by
    But residents dont you worry
    We can make everything alright
    Another Blandford fire
    Has anyone got a light?

14. Ah but you forget

Roses are reddish
    Violets are blueish
    If its wasn't for Jesus