God Squad at Blandford Forum Bans Carol

The bus can stay where it is. He makes a good point , and a little bit of publicity to highlight the problem doesn't hurt.

Shame no one ever wrote "O little town of Harare"

I think he's taking the carol a bit too literally, and he is using his personal (political?) views to justify stopping the singing of what is a rather nice carol, but it's hardly outrage bus material.

Couldn't care less, however a quick chat in the office brought up these ideas for more bans

'silent night' banned near all airports
'A Boy Is Born in Bethlehem', 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen','Good Christian Men Rejoice' - all sexist
'Brightest and Best' discriminatory against those who are differently illuminated,

Good on you Vicar, now ban all the rest of your carols too so I dont have to listen to that religious sh1t on my door step year after year.

"He said the Arab-Israeli conflict had destroyed its population and tourism and that he would not join in the singing of the carol. "

Doh, what does he think these "conflicts" do? He should have popped over to Bosnia when that "conflict" was on too, there are many others as well. Ban all the songs/carols you want it wont make a blind bit of difference. Ah well perhaps he will sleep at night now he has banned that carol eh?

And just what were those Shepherds doing just before they saw a star - eh all boys together with a few sheep and a long night stag to fill eh??

What about "Deck the halls with boughs of holly"
Think about the line "Don we now our Gay apparel"
A drag show FFS. Disgusting!!

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
No need of the "Reg Varney Memorial Outrage Omnibus" on this one
Checking the paperwork for the band wagon I see L/Cpl Sentamu still has it signed out on various publicity duties so he will probably cover it.

As Jesus was a Jew shouldn't the Church be supporting Israel in their quest to get Bethlehem back under Jewish rule?

Oh little town of Blandford Forum
Far from a motorway you lie
Above your charity shop encrusted streets
The chavs and pikeys go by
But residents dont you worry
We can make everything alright
Another Blandford fire
Has anyone got a light?

the_boy_syrup said:
No need of the "Reg Varney Memorial Outrage Omnibus" on this one
Checking the paperwork for the band wagon I see L/Cpl Sentamu still has it signed out on various publicity duties so he will probably cover it.

As Jesus was a Jew shouldn't the Church be supporting Israel in their quest to get Bethlehem back under Jewish rule?
Ah but you forget

Roses are reddish
Violets are blueish
If its wasn't for Jesus
We'd ALL be Jewish.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'd ban the lot of them. P1sses me off all these pervs trying to ruin my winter hols with their religious fantasies.

Just realised that 'Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring' could be a bit suspect too.

One carol does not a Christmas make. OK, it's a bit over the top, but it's done the thing and pointed out that somewhere in the world, men and women are fighting over a bit of land, but we all knew that anyway!

The Late Great Kenny Everett had the right idea, round them all up in a field and "Bomb the Bar stewards".