God Save the Queen

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Lipo, Mar 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been sent a PM by a MOD indicating that my posts have been "inane and provocative" and to cease and desist lest I be removed from this site.

I am extremely disappointed. This is rank hypocrisy of the type emitted by the likes of Ken Livingstone and George Galloway.

Perhaps I should have known better than to expect tolerance of a diversity of views, even if it comes from an earnest friend across the pond. I don't want to believe it.

I take no pleasure in pointing out that some of you are so sensitive (or simply intolerant) as to be unable to confront an opinion you don't like and in turn, respond with incivility.

In any case, thanks again, UK for being our ally and standing with my country in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Your loyal friend,

Lipo

2. Er, thanks Lipo. Now go and read again (in parallel with the texts of some of your postings) and inwardly digest. It'll all become clear . . .

3. God save the Queen - Down with the Republicans!

4. Ditto!

5. Lipo, you have certainly caused a stir here. As an American, I have to wonder what your goals were and am still incredibly confused.

6. Soundtrack for the above.

7. I love the English.

I appreciate my Anglo-Saxon heritage - the most liberal in the world. From the language I speak to the thoughts in my head. These are attributable in very large measure to my Anglo-Saxon heritage. Great Britain is its epicenter. London really IS the capital of the world.

I came here to express solidarity. To share my frustration and hopes. To share my views and perhaps, to learn something from my friends.

8. And what about the Scots? The paddy's and probably some of the Welsh too? You racist spanner. Now be a nice chap and fusk off!

Oh and learn to spell, it's solidarITY

9. As I was clicking on the link I was trying to calculate the odds on it being "The Sash". Shame on me . . .

Not on YouTube, I suppose? Pity. "Lovely tune", as the clergy of the Irish College in Rome famously observed to the RIF.

10. Stand up and be counted

At this difficult time the second verse, seldom heard, is particularly appropriate:

God Save the Queen!

11. unbelievable

12. Lipo hunny! Sucks too be you!

13. Amen to that.

" . . . and then with mighty rush
    Rebellious Scots to crush . . ."

doesn't play too well north of the Border.

Needless to say, the PC apparatchiks have jiggled the modern hymnbooks.

14. 3rd verse - "rebellious Scots" has been out of the hymn books for years - it was missing when I was a lad!

15. I think we Britons all have more in common than that. It's a great shame that the early years of the Union with Ireland didn't work to everyone's benefit because I am certain that a United Kingdom Of Great Britain and Ireland was in the best interests of the popluation of all these islands. There is more that binds us than divides us.
    Consider a roving parliament that went every three years from Dublin to Cardiff to Edinburgh to London. Would it not serve us all better than being rump states ruled by unaccountable foreigners on the continent?

The tribal thing in the north is no more dignified than the tribal hate in rwanda-burundi. It's a handful of dickheads (on both sides) preying on the honest and sincere loyalties of their fellows and neighbours to cause trouble for their own ends.

The Pax Brittanica was a better deal for all involved.