God save the queen etc!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by reassuringly_badgers, Jul 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, there's plenty threads about this in the Current Affairs forum but I've posted this here because it's not so much Current affairs and analysis as a patriotic something-or-other.

---

Osama has again produced his sick and twisted idea of a holy jihad. Blowing innocents into scattered pieces for the simple reason they were born and bred in England. I am lost for suitable words to describe these “people” who dare to take the lives of those who have done nothing at all to provoke or hurt them. Not all the combined insults in the Naafi archives would be suitable to attribute to these killers.

So, what do we stand for that they so hate? We stand for Freedom. We stand for Justice. We stand for a Christian land.

Our freedom, our right to proper justice and our right to freedom of faith have been hard won. Won with the blood of our fathers and our fathers’ fathers.

Al Q’aeda has achieved the polar opposite of it’s goal. The attacks have made me think how much I love this country, how much I appreciate it’s values, and how proud I am to be in it’s Armed Forces.

Will we sit back and watch as needles like this penetrate the core of our values? No! Times like this make me proud to be British.

God save the Queen!

2. Perhaps the extremely PC and overly Liberals who have cried foul of ways to stop them using the civil liberties card will shut up after all basic free
    dom is life itself

3. Also the frquent follow up to someting like this attrocity is a distinct move to the right in public opinion

4. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

our prayers will go with them GOD SAVE THE QUEEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. I,as I am sure are many Arrsers, am on Parade on Sunday for VE/VJ celebrations.

The message is simple. Look at the necks in the back of the collar, of old and new soldier alike, and feel the pride. Take from it the commitment that these scum will not win.

as long as the political will is there (and this time I think it will be) there will be no victory for the extremist.

6. Ditto above
    With the addition the addition of a partial quote, of one Winston S. Churchill in much darker times. "We shall never Surrender!"
    God Save the Queen

7. Ah, the strains of Vaughn-Williams & Elgar. Summer rain on freshly laundered picnic cloths; hearty laughter of stout Yeomen supping goodly ale in wayside taverns. Gentle applause to the sound of leather on willow. Rosy-cheeked maidens cycling to Evensong, their summer dresses billowing in the evening breeze, isn't it? Marvellous! Morris danc.... (sounds of stylus being dragged across Butterworth's Banks of Green Willow)? That's enough of that!

8. Cry God for Harry, England and St George.

No surrender.

Right over wrong will prevail.

GSTQ

9. Extracts from the PM's speechs following the attrocities yesterday:

“It is important that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people in a desire to impose extremism on the world.

“Whatever they do it is our determination that they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and in other civilised nations throughout the world.”

~~~~

"When they try to intimidate us, we will not be intimidated, when they seek to change our country, our way of life by these methods, we will not be changed.

When they try to divide our people or weaken our resolve, we will not be divided and our resolve will hold firm.

We will show by our spirit and dignity and by a quiet and true strength that there is in the British people, that our values will long outlast theirs.

The purpose of terrorism is just that, it is to terrorise people and we will not be terrorised. "

~~~~~

Almost Churchillian I think......

10. Enough's enough...

...it's time to stick the boot in!

[​IMG]

3 cheers for us!

[​IMG]