God is a Yorkshireman??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Apr 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I first read this I thought it was a leftover April Fool joke or someone was scamming on an episode of the Simpsons where Flanders builds a theme park to immortalize the memory of his wife...but... according to the press [ who are truthful in all things ] this is real...

Andrea Webster who made her money with a bunch of children's day nurseries in Leeds wants to build Ark Alive [ she's put up $ 235,000 and wants good Christan folk to cough up $ 350 each ] which will be a Bible Theme Park..

offerings will include a Holy Roller Coaster based on the story of Jonah and the Whale, a Garden of Eden biodome, a recreation of the parting of the Red Sea [ oh, oh, can I play Charlton Heston? ]..a ' lifesize' replica of the Noah's Ark..also on the design boards will be the land of the Pyramids, a Galilee fishing port and " biblical streets with the sights and smells of 2000 years ago " [ stinking goats instead of stale popcorn and candyfloss, then ]
    and re-enactments of the battle between David and Goliath [ welcome to the World International Sling Shot Competition !! ]..

the cost of making this all happen is projected to be $ 338 million US...[ Andrea lives in Guiseley West Yorkshire for those of you who may wish to go and disabuse her of this notion or buy into her brilliant scheme ...

Corp and MDN could get jobs as mascots and run around in sheep outfits [ Look at me, I'm the lamb of gawd ]...and Lord Flashy could conduct the daily seminars on stoning the prostitutes....

can Druid World be far behind??
  2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Of course God is a Yorkshireman, what else would he be?