God, Im bored...

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by oldcolt, Nov 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the absence of anything constructive at work to do, please complete the following sentence:

I'm so fecking bored that I could....

Edited once to allow for a spelling error highlighted by a bloke who can't even spell VAN MAN correctly :wink: :p
  2. learn how to spell.
  3. spend the rest of the day surfing arrse.
  4. Break out in a fit of work
  5. Spend the rest of the day (well until 5 anyway) wondering whether a God really exists regarding the statement to which 'God, I'm bored' refers.

Alternatively, I'll spend the rest of the afternoon surfing through Arrse :D
  6. Exmor...Being doing that all day already and, apart from a brief interlude to discuss how to make a member of staff redundant with ACAS, its been rather dull - you can only read/ reply to so many posts on the changes in the TA before you lose the will to live... :wink:

Darkninja...I would LOVE to be able to do that at the moment as I am just sat here watching my business overdraft get bigger and bigger whilst the phone lines get quieter and quieter :cry:
  7. In terms of written statements, there is plenty of evidence to support the idea that God/ various Gods exist. Furthermore, the Bible (which is, if you believe it, the word OF God) makes it quite clear that God himself recognises that there are other Gods in existence. (hoping my spelling is good enough for VAN MAN :oops: :lol: )
  8. hey since you have so much time on your hands old colt, you wanna give me some advice? have just joined ARRSSSEE as a civvy (but my dad's army so a kind of distant relative of you guys and gals). I am a trainee psychologist doing some research into combat veterans, PTSD and psychotherapy. thought I'd join this site to get some inside info - how best can I find people to chat to on this?

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Would any of them make an allowance for 'boredness' or would they consider that the sin of idle hands though? The devil makes work for such hands according to one of them, whilst other gods say "Pick up yer knife and fork, dig in son!"
  10. If God then recognises that there are other God's in existence, Is there a God of God's? and if so can we call him "Clive"
  11. Hmmm. I could go down the Buddhist route and try some meditation, at present, anyone passing my office wouldn't be able to tell the difference :lol: As for digging in and getting of my arrse (which is what I think you're implying :) ); mine is a job where only a finite amount of pro-active work is possible before you simply p!ss people off and are accused of pestering/ being pushy. SO here I sit, waiting for 5.30, home time and off to my running club.
  12. Learn to spell and can you prove your related?
  13. 'Clive' is always reversed and known as 'EVIL C' in my household (long story)
  14. Double glazing salesman? :)
  15. If the Devil makes work for idle hands then I want him to bring his pointy tail and flaming pitchfork around the pubs near where I live. They're as busy in the daytime as they are in the evening with full time dole spongers (sorry, those that are too ill to work). Perhaps he could point them in the direction of some legal gainful employment that would mean there might be a seat free near the bar for when I pass by on my way home from work.

Alternatively, I would be happy to waste a few hours watching him/her/it (doesn't matter because the devil (or any god) is about as real as any other imaginary creature) burn a few of the feckers instead. Would be a good way to warm up towards Guy Fawkes night :twisted: