God Give Me Strength

I know there is a thread about silly things women say but I cant find it as I have had to have a wine to calm me down, anyway mrs m and myself were watching "warship" tonight on sky, when the conversation went like this:

Me "why are we, the Army, not referred to as the Royal Army"
Mrs M "what like the RAF and the RN"
Me "yes, not fair is it?"
Mrs M "no......so what does Army stand for"
Me "pardon ?""
Mrs M "is ARMY an abreviation for anything, I thought it was Armoured.....something or another?"
Me "do we have any wine in the fridge!!!!"

Much as I love and cherish her I think remedial drill is the answer... :roll:

methilman said:
I know there is a thread about silly things women say but I cant find it as I have had to have a wine to calm me down, anyway mrs m and myself were watching "warship" tonight on sky, when the conversation went like this:

Me "pardon ?""
Mrs M "is ARMY an abreviation for anything, I thought it was Armoured.....something or another?"

Look on a bright side: conversations like this one provide you with an excuse to have a drink!

Domovoy said:
methilman said:

Me "pardon ?""

Look on a bright side: conversations like this one provide you with an excuse to have a drink!
Birds drink wine. Are you trying to tell us something?

The_Snail said:
Domovoy said:
methilman said:

Me "pardon ?""

Birds drink wine. Are you trying to tell us something?
Wine is all I had....anything to ease the pain of that statement......

methilman said:
:
Actually, apart from "abbreviation" of course, your Mrs was right: "army" means "a body of men with weapons", "a body of armed men"; while the word "armour" means "defensive covering worn in combat, arms or gear".

So, your excuse is invalid, step away from the fridge! :wink:

Whilst recruiting at an airshow an air to air tanker landed and taxied past our position, a mate of mine shouted upto the pilot that his reversing lights were not working. Pilot replied I know, I'll have a look at the bulb when I get down. Told my wife this amusing story who replied "They don't have reversing lights do they"?

...Look on the bright side.At least she thinks about things. :D