God Give Me Strength

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by methilman, Jul 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know there is a thread about silly things women say but I cant find it as I have had to have a wine to calm me down, anyway mrs m and myself were watching "warship" tonight on sky, when the conversation went like this:

Me "why are we, the Army, not referred to as the Royal Army"
    Mrs M "what like the RAF and the RN"
    Me "yes, not fair is it?"
    Mrs M "no......so what does Army stand for"
    Me "pardon ?""
    Mrs M "is ARMY an abreviation for anything, I thought it was Armoured.....something or another?"
    Me "do we have any wine in the fridge!!!!"

Much as I love and cherish her I think remedial drill is the answer... :roll:

2. Look on a bright side: conversations like this one provide you with an excuse to have a drink!

3. Birds drink wine. Are you trying to tell us something?

4. Royal Engineers,
    Royal Artillery,
    PWRR,
    etc

5. Wine is all I had....anything to ease the pain of that statement......

6. Actually, apart from "abbreviation" of course, your Mrs was right: "army" means "a body of men with weapons", "a body of armed men"; while the word "armour" means "defensive covering worn in combat, arms or gear".

So, your excuse is invalid, step away from the fridge! :wink:

7. Whilst recruiting at an airshow an air to air tanker landed and taxied past our position, a mate of mine shouted upto the pilot that his reversing lights were not working. Pilot replied I know, I'll have a look at the bulb when I get down. Told my wife this amusing story who replied "They don't have reversing lights do they"?

8. ...Look on the bright side.At least she thinks about things. :D