• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

God Give Me Strength

I know there is a thread about silly things women say but I cant find it as I have had to have a wine to calm me down, anyway mrs m and myself were watching "warship" tonight on sky, when the conversation went like this:

Me "why are we, the Army, not referred to as the Royal Army"
Mrs M "what like the RAF and the RN"
Me "yes, not fair is it?"
Mrs M "no......so what does Army stand for"
Me "pardon ?""
Mrs M "is ARMY an abreviation for anything, I thought it was Armoured.....something or another?"
Me "do we have any wine in the fridge!!!!"

Much as I love and cherish her I think remedial drill is the answer... :roll:

methilman said:
I know there is a thread about silly things women say but I cant find it as I have had to have a wine to calm me down, anyway mrs m and myself were watching "warship" tonight on sky, when the conversation went like this:

Me "pardon ?""
Mrs M "is ARMY an abreviation for anything, I thought it was Armoured.....something or another?"

Look on a bright side: conversations like this one provide you with an excuse to have a drink!

Domovoy said:
methilman said:

Me "pardon ?""

Look on a bright side: conversations like this one provide you with an excuse to have a drink!
Birds drink wine. Are you trying to tell us something?

The_Snail said:
Domovoy said:
methilman said:

Me "pardon ?""

Birds drink wine. Are you trying to tell us something?
Wine is all I had....anything to ease the pain of that statement......

methilman said:
:
Actually, apart from "abbreviation" of course, your Mrs was right: "army" means "a body of men with weapons", "a body of armed men"; while the word "armour" means "defensive covering worn in combat, arms or gear".

So, your excuse is invalid, step away from the fridge! :wink:

Whilst recruiting at an airshow an air to air tanker landed and taxied past our position, a mate of mine shouted upto the pilot that his reversing lights were not working. Pilot replied I know, I'll have a look at the bulb when I get down. Told my wife this amusing story who replied "They don't have reversing lights do they"?

Latest Threads