• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

god botherers and on a sunday ffs

ugly

LE
I just got back from walking the dogs on the downs only to find the god botherers had beaten me too it. 6 years at this house and they wait until I'm out before they raid us. Ugly nipper No2 answered the door and I didnt have my anti god botherer sign up. never mind I 've put it up on the inside of my porch window now. How long until the Council stasi take me to court?

Sunday is a day of rest for practising range skills or the beast with 2 backs if you can get the kids out long enough!

B

Biscuits_AB

I would have asked them why (if it was so important to them), weren't they at Church?

I don't know, Ugly but if they do I'll look forward to updates on what they charge you with.

As to the God squad, I'm afraid I won't be using your sign (which is excellent btw). I have too much fun with them. I just can't help myself from winding them up when they call.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Biscuits_AB said:
I would have asked them why (if it was so important to them), weren't they at Church?
The same argument can be used by saying why, if we have so few soldiers we have so many SNCOs in Recruiting Offices or visiting schools?

Or just stop being a heathen. They were only trying to instill a set of values in to the people of this country so that it might be a better place, would it be really so bad if more people took up christianity, insted of chavs hanging around in gangs and mugging old ladies or setting animals on fire they were taking food to the homeless or helping pick up litter in the local park, or instead of nicking cars on a Sunday morning there little voices rasied in a chorus of Jerusalem. Bah.. come the revolution......

This ONCE happened to me and I threw the ferking dog at them.

The dog wasn't too pleased, but they never came back.

:thumleft: :thumright:

Cheers

Steve

Just answer the door naked, eating your own excrement out of an ice cream container, with a swastika carved into your forehead with a stanley knife.

Don't think they will come back after that...

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Auld-Yin said:
Biscuits_AB said:
The same argument can be used by saying why, if we have so few soldiers we have so many SNCOs in Recruiting Offices or visiting schools?

They have recruiting offices in East Lothian? :D

Sixty said:
Auld-Yin said:
Biscuits_AB said:

They are called Job Centres, Sixty :scratch:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
in_the_cheapseats said:
Sixty said:
Auld-Yin said:
Biscuits_AB said:

They are called Job Centres, Sixty :scratch:
:applaud:

You have an absolute right not to be disturbed in your own home. You are also entitled to put a notice up saying you will not accept cold callers.

Stirling Council have just made it law that cold calling is totally banned in the entire council region.

That'll sicken CR Smith.

GDav said:
You have an absolute right not to be disturbed in your own home. You are also entitled to put a notice up saying you will not accept cold callers.

Stirling Council have just made it law that cold calling is totally banned in the entire council region.

That'll sicken CR Smith.

got a so mentioned sticker on the door,it doesn,t work but a 10stone rottweiler does. :headbang:

rickshaw-major said:
Have you noticed how the GB's get themselves involved in Easter and Christmas as well ffs? :pissedoff:
I know what you mean, can't believe the cheek of someone trying to tell me that I should think of Jesus and what he did for the world as I am trying to stuff my basket with choccy eggs!

ugly

LE
If a catholic can display a crucifix in his porch can I display pagan or agnostic items in mine? I hope so or I'll have to take down that altar and blood stained virgin!

jibman said:
GDav said:

That'll sicken CR Smith.

got a so mentioned sticker on the door,it doesn,t work but a 10stone rottweiler does. :headbang:
When the diehards ring the doorbell I usually point at the sign and say "can't you read", before slamming the door in their face. They're actually committing an offence if they try to talk to you after you've pointed the sign out. I did get the police on one guy and they took it very seriously.

I've always found a good way of dealing with Jehovah's Witnesses is to offer them organ donor cards straight after opening the door. Pisses them right off and blacklists your house off their list.

I am always on a call to the president of the USA when they arrive

much as I loathe god bothers they probably get so much stick around here I suprised they still come.
even had mormons now that either takes huge balls around here or no brains either way obvious us military candidates :thumleft:

My housemate when I was a student did the "How wonderful you're here - we've been waiting for you!" bit, reached out to grab the hand of one of them, calling out "They're here, they're here!" over their shoulder - apparently the JWs backed up the pathway looking really nervous!