God Bless and God Speed, Lt. Pantano

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/special_packages/iraq/10869195.htm

PC strikes again and an honorable man is crucified for doing his duty! Lt. Col. West, a Marine in Fallujah--and now this. This brings DIShonor on the Bush Adminstration.

Dear Lt,

Sir, Thank you for your service to your country. Those of us in the heartland are ever grateful to you and Marines like you. From what I have seen, you have embodied Corps Values, and done honor to the Marine Corps.

SEMPER FI

Brian

Actually it doesnt dishonor the administration. A charge was leveled by a Cpl
against Lt Pantano. There evidently was enough evidence to bring the case to trial. Not sure if there is enough evidence for a conviction but thats what trials are for. I am withholding judgement until more information is available.

Unless there is something that hasnt been disclosed my guess is that Pantano will be acquitted. His future with the USMC may be non existant, depending on how pc the Corps has become.

his mom said:
her son acknowledges shooting two Iraqis as they fled the alleged hideout
followed by
his mom(who we hope isnt going to be his defence lawyer) said:
He said it was self-defense
can you shoot someone whos running away from you in self defence?
He should tell his mother to zip it, let his defence council do the talking.

Just because they were trying to get away from a location doesnt' mean they weren't doing fire and manuver, i'm withholding judgement hopefully the courts will do thier jobs and aquit if he's innocent, and then hopefully the enlisted bloke will get shatt on from a great height for being a cock.

PTCrusader said:
From what I have seen, you have embodied Corps Values, and done honor to the Marine Corps.
what have you seen of this officer? you obviously know him.

The Marine platoon Pantano commanded had been tasked with searching a suspected terrorist hide-out south of Baghdad last April. After finding weapons, ammunition and bomb-making material in the building, they observed two men fleeing in a sport utility vehicle, Gittens said, according to the wire report.

Upon shooting out the vehicle's tires to stop it, the Marines took the two Iraqi men into custody, ordering them to search for booby traps and secret compartments in the vehicle by ripping out its interior and seats, Gittens told Reuters.

Then, according to Gittens, one of the suspects turned suddenly toward Pantano "as if to attack." When Pantano ordered them to stop, they kept moving toward him, Gittens said.

"He (Pantano) thought he was in danger and he fired and he killed them and that's what we do to terrorists who don't listen to orders. ... It's a combat situation, kill or be killed," the attorney told Reuters.

Fearing the two suspects may have been attempting to detonate explosives remotely, Pantano shot them, Gittens said.

"What's he supposed to do, wait until he's standing in the inferno?" the attorney added.
Sounds pretty damn right to me. And, damn it, that's what I pay my taxes for is to kill the gd enemy.

Gittins said the shootings were investigated by battlefield commanders at the time and Pantano was cleared.

"There apparently was a disgruntled enlisted man involved," the lawyer said. "The lieutenant reported it to his chain of command after it happened and they investigated and said good to go. Then, three months later a disgruntled enlisted man makes a complaint."
8O

I personally have had my fill of righteous trigger happy yanks.

three (Security) call signs from my location in bagdad have been engaged by these half wits in TWO weeks (Ie rounds through bodywork)

Its only a matter of time before a car full of brits/south africans/americans/germans gets eaten by a 50 cal touted by some illiterate texan teenager

It has proven that the B6 amour works and that americas children are scared, undertrained, gun happy tw#ts

thegimp

well said Gimp.

I am outraged by your characterization of the US soldier and your blatant disregard of the ROE for this board. I am most tempted to respond with a very undiplomatic retort but I won't - this time.

All very well but nothing to do with the case at hand. He will be exonerated. Too bad his military career is in the sh*thole.

He'll probably be only to happy to leave.

gun happy tw#ts
Our tw#ts, your sn#tch. :)

Ironic Gimp.

Truly ironic.

thegimp said:

three (Security) call signs from my location in bagdad have been engaged by these half wits in TWO weeks (Ie rounds through bodywork)

Its only a matter of time before a car full of brits/south africans/americans/germans gets eaten by a 50 cal touted by some illiterate texan teenager

It has proven that the B6 amour works and that americas children are scared, undertrained, gun happy tw#ts

thegimp
So during the entire time in Iraq, no British military personnel has ever fired his or her weapon at anything other than a visibly armed Iraqi soldier? No jumpy parras or RM ever discharged their weapon in NI? :roll:

SgtUSMC8541 said:
thegimp said:

thegimp
So during the entire time in Iraq, no British military personnel has ever fired his or her weapon at anything other than a visibly armed Iraqi soldier? No jumpy parras or RM ever discharged their weapon in NI? :roll:
ah the fog of war, gents lets not turn on each other again, shit happens, myself and others have been shot at, by Americans,(Irag), Canadians (Afghanistan) and yes even by our own well trained bunch of maruaders (NI and Cyprus)...............but thankfully more often than not its been by the bad guys....................If you cant take a joke ....as the saying goes ........

thegimp said:

thegimp
For the record, what were your call signs doing to provoke a response?

One of those 'illiterate' teenagers manning a 50 cal MG is a relative of mine. He's not scared, nor undertrained. I'd like to see your reaction when a 'routine' patrol involves SIX IEDs, a traffic collision, and a RPG ambush.

When was the last time you saw your Platoon Leader get vaporized by a bus filled with surplus 155mm Arty shells? The platoon was rolling to back up the IPS at a check point hit by insurgents. The PL and his interpretor went forward to coordinate evacs and perimeter security when the suicide bus drove up and detonated. My relative was standing 30 meters away. The NCOs took charge, moved in, established security and evacuated all the survivors and help hunt down the insurgents.

When was the last time you were caught in a three-way "bloody nose" ambush with RPGs and PKMs? My relatives' platoon fought their way clear, killed several bad guys (6) and didn't hit one single non-combatant. The terrorists on the other hand fired indiscriminantly and killed a mother and her baby.

I know exactly how many "Blue on Blue" incidents occur in Iraq. Your broad generalization of American capabilities is way off the mark.

SgtUSMC8541 said:
No, that has never happened. The Brits are perfect, just ask them, they'll tell you.

For instance, look at what happened when US and Brit soldiers were accused of abusing POW's. The US ended up sacking many officers and enlisted men, including a BG. The Brits convicted what, a corporal and two l/cpls? Nope, no cover up there.

Guys, just ignore f*ckwits like the gimp and FF, they get off on bashing the US. :roll:

I suggest your relative puts in for a pay rise, more medals and puts his/her chit in.
Alternatively he/she could stop filling his/her relatives with dread by telling them all the warry details of his/her daily bagdad battles.
My folks get the "All safe and sleepy here" treatment as do most soldiers families

Baghdad mortal risks league table

1. American fire
2. RTA's
3.Eating too much at the Dfac
4.Insurgents if its not raining and they're not having a siesta

Oh dear, I see the slippery slope .................. :lol: guess this will end up being moved to the NAAFI forum and then it will be really sorted out :lol:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L The NAAFI Bar 30
crabtastic The NAAFI Bar 4
O Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2