GOC Commendation

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by HEART_STOPPER, Oct 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick Q ref the above.

Whilst on Telic V I managed to earn myself one of these but due to my then OC being a tit he waited until I was posted and binges it in the snail mail in a jiffy bag.
    When it arrived at my new unit it was smashed up but the RSM asked the Cpls mess to repair it so I could be presented with it in a nice condition rather than the smashed up mess it was.
    When I eventually recieved it I noticed the citation on the reverse of the frame was unsigned.
    So my question is (thanks for bearing with it), is this normal or was it a replacement citation and is there any way to get a signed replacement?
    Cheers HS

2. The Original should of been signed on the front with a Fountain Pen. I have never seen a GOC's Commendation signed on the Reverse. I was awarded one by DLB & he signed the front. Pee poor admin if you got a Facsimile copy.

3. No mate sorry I've not made it clear,
    The commendation is signed on the front it's the citation on the back of the frame that was sent to the GOC putting me forward for the award that isn't signed.

4. Cheers VG

5. Who the **** would give you a commendation? Are you sure you're not mistaking it for that caution you got from the old bill? easy mistake to make i suppose?

• Like Like x 1