Gobblers dans gay Paris

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Flip_Flop_the_Gog, Jul 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sure some of you saw the Gren Gardens marching down the Champs Elysee on Bastille Day. I should think the Garrison Sergeant Major was doing his nut when he watched it. The Gobblers were about half a mile ahead of the rather languid French, it looked like they were trying to run away from President Chirac, a sentiment I can appreciate.

Have a peek at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3895319.stm

2. The french stink and even the guards cant handle the stench :D

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Not only did they have to put up with the unwashed bodies and garlic breath of the Frogs, they also had the added unpleasantness of Hoon being there. I can think of nothing worse!

4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

The BBC report actually says that the Gens led the Household Horseys so perhaps it is they that are not speaking. or perhaps the smell of the frogs attracted the horses and they refused to speed up to ensure Monsewers were just behind.

Mind you it is v brave of our lads to have the Frogs at their back. :twisted:

5. "The British Grenadiers" sounded pretty damn good too. Some talk of Alexander...

6. When I heard the household cav were in Paris I assumed that they were the advance guard and that the French were the next ones on Dubya's list.

Now there's one invasion I wouldnt mind getting my call up papers for! :D