Gob Docs - time warp?

Whats with the Gob Docs wearing those crappy 1940 era cheap plastic gold effect 'RADC' tabs on their epilettes? looks so naff!!
The cap badge, corps belt and lanyard not enough for you? :roll:

true, if para trained people can wear a pink hat and nobody cares then the Dental mob should crack on!

Arf!

In all seriousness, don't really see what the problem is. Lots of other Corps/Regiments wear them, why shouldn't RADC? Mind you, I spotted an RAMC Major wearing a white shirt the other day. Apparently he's 'qualified' to wear it because he once served with a Cavalry Regt. Bell end. In any case, white shirts are not simply the preserve of our Cav chums anymore; just about anybody wears one. Except, of course, the RAMC. :roll:

FF I myself feel proud to advertise my glorious corps by wearing as any emblems/belts/lanyards as I can. I am personally thinking of suggesting a cape with the corps flag on it to be worn!!!!

I have just the lanyard for you (Nice cherry red with gold lettering "Royal Army Medical Corp") oops!!! sorry forgot, you're not supposed to wear them if you work in an MDHU, because the powers that be have decided it is a heinous crime, something about corporate identity and all that cr4p, personally its just because it shows how cheap and nasty the purple with white lettering one is.

P.S. Have a stash if anyone would like a contraband RAMC Lanyard.

Sky-Monkey said:
Mind you, I spotted an RAMC Major wearing a white shirt the other day. Apparently he's 'qualified' to wear it because he once served with a Cavalry Regt. Bell end. In any case, white shirts are not simply the preserve of our Cav chums anymore; just about anybody wears one. Except, of course, the RAMC. :roll:
didnt happen to be at Frimley did you?

flowerpower said:
FF I myself feel proud to advertise my glorious corps by wearing as any emblems/belts/lanyards as I can. I am personally thinking of suggesting a cape with the corps flag on it to be worn!!!!
I dont know, kicking the arrse out of add ons to their uniforms and WO2s wearing officer pattern shirts, jumpers, ties and brown shoes! Do the gob docs have a corps man or anyone who keeps an eye on dress regs?

Filbert Fox said:
flowerpower said:
I dont know, kicking the arrse out of add ons to their uniforms and WO2s wearing officer pattern shirts, jumpers, ties and brown shoes! Do the gob docs have a corps man or anyone who keeps an eye on dress regs?
That would be the brand new RSM then :p

I take it that the new one isnt that hygiene bird then, probably didnt select her because shes too military for the corps! (and shes a hygienist and a bird!!)

Filbert Fox said:
I take it that the new one isnt that hygiene bird then, probably didnt select her because shes too military for the corps! (and shes a hygienist and a bird!!)
You missed the best bit - she is very, very nice :twisted: 8)

Narcoleptic.zzz said:
I have just the lanyard for you (Nice cherry red with gold lettering "Royal Army Medical Corp") oops!!! sorry forgot, you're not supposed to wear them if you work in an MDHU, because the powers that be have decided it is a heinous crime, something about corporate identity and all that cr4p, personally its just because it shows how cheap and nasty the purple with white lettering one is.

P.S. Have a stash if anyone would like a contraband RAMC Lanyard.
Now that WAS funny. Apparently, DMETA actually published something on Part 1s to the effect that RAMC personnel working in DMETA sites were not allowed to wear their RAMC lanyard (not THE lanyard but the thing you put round your neck) but were to wear the purple and white DMETA one instead. How utterly, utterly pathetic. I'd love to know who the wnaker was who put that little beauty out.

didnt happen to be at Frimley did you?
Nah, somewhere far more esoteric!

Its all about corporate identity, DMETA is Tri-Service, god forbid anyone wanting Corps identity.

Our unit had a signal from DMETA, it was also on P1Os and all RAMC members received a letter from Unit Admin stating that RAMC werent to wear the RAMC lanyards!
I now wear neither in protest!

Filbert Fox said:
Its all about corporate identity, DMETA is Tri-Service, god forbid anyone wanting Corps identity.
Bit like the attempted ban on 'Attached Arms' wearing their Stable Belts in a feeble attempt to achieve some sort of unit identity at a certain Field Hospital very close to York......

..... didnt work, but did provide some fun and amusment :lol:

snapper said:
Filbert Fox said:
Bit like the attempted ban on 'Attached Arms' wearing their Stable Belts in a feeble attempt to achieve some sort of unit identity at a certain Field Hospital very close to York......

..... didnt work, but did provide some fun and amusment :lol:
Snapper, that bullsh*t has been happening for years, it started of by making all the medics wearing green plastic belts instead of corps belts and then the attached arms, me personally would prefer a corps belt as it distinguish's the difference at a glance. Mind it did look better in the days of lightweights.

Do they honestly think by making people wear green belts that they look more professional or feel more professional? maybe they should let people have pride in their Corps and treat them like grown men and women, then they might get a more professional attitude.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As far as I recall of the Regimental traditions of the RADC was that no two officers should ever been dressed the same!

Fang_Farrier said:
As far as I recall of the Regimental traditions of the RADC was that no two officers should ever been dressed the same!
Spot on - you only need to look at HQ & Central Group RADC - or DDA Trg Est or is that noe DDS Trg Est :roll:

;P

To cut out all the bullshit about belts it has been decided to re-issue 57 pattern webbing.

To help the modern soldier in the method of wearing and cleaning it all those people who done National Service during the late 50s easrly 60s are being recalled and sent to all training units.

You will need a tin of Brasso, a tin of Blanco and a spare toothbrush to put the blanco on with. I am sure a "fang farrier" can help out there.

Phredd >> done service to the Crown and not to a whimp in Whitehall.