Go to work on an icecream

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by oldbaldy, May 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

2. Stupid contrived reporting.

3. "Worried beachgoers watched as the crew headed towards the shoreline and then pop into Winterton Dunes Beach Cafe". Worried about what I wonder; missing a chance to gawp at some poor bugger in distress?

4. Next time I see a fire engine parked outside Greggs, I'll give the Telegraph a ring.

5. God forbid anybody in the Forces has any style and panache left! Don't get me wrong; I hate crabs as much as the next man but let's be honest, the ability to land your helicopter on a beach is cool. And ultimately we're all jealous...

6. And when the crew returned, they found their helicopter had been wheel-clamped.

• Like Like x 1
  7. "They went outside and waved to us all as they left and it was very nice to see."

Says it all really!

8. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Maybe but Norfolk loved the excitement, nothing much else happens there.

9. "white chocolate magnum"??! ******* homo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It doesn't say whether they produced a MOD90 and asked for Forces Discount.

11. Cheezuz. I once had a chopper land in the car park of the Ship Inn, Porlock and took the crew into the pub for lunch (no booze). On another occasion me and a chopper pilot navigated up and down the Danish north sea coast by following roads and reading road signs. I guess the telegraphs main reporters were too pissed to go looking for real news.