Go tec or not

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by sig_armstrong, Nov 2, 2003.

1. go tec

2. don't go tec

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HI all,
    I have just joined the sigs and I have been offered tec do I take it or not?
    if not which other trade shoud I go for ?

2. If you want more money, a fast car, nice women and an all round better life then go tech, the question you need to ask yourself though is this - can you put up with the stigma? If not go Dvr / Lnm.
  3. If you've been offered Tech, and therefore they think you are good enough, then i'd say go for it. The life seemed slightly better from what i saw and from promotion and pay prospects there is no contest! :lol:
  4. 749

749 Old-Salt

go for it
    just make sure that you like maths though!!
  5. If 'God' (aka SSGT) says tech, go for it ;)
  6. if you have the brains go for it..if you have brainsAND common sense go civvie and earn a proper wage. oops too late you've signed up :D
  7. If you want to go Tech then do it quickly! I have heard that HQ SOinC is looking into stopping techs instant promotion to LCpl once qualified at Class 3. Whether this is a complete break from the time promotion I do not know.

Anyway, coz techs are betterer and cleverer than everyone else, you should still get promoted before the operators and driver types :D

8. if you didn't go for it let us know what you are doing now
  9. It seems that Techs need to attend 'Grammar and spelling' courses in English!!