Go on Mr Cameron, I dare you!

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by BiscuitsAB, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Challenge against compulsory voting fails | thetelegraph.com.au

Compulsory voting in Aus, why not here? We've got almost compulsory pensions coming in soon. I know why it won't happen , because neither Dave nor Ed have the Cojones for it. ( I wanted to say Balls, but Ed has a balls, all though balls is all cock and no balls imho. )

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sorry Biscuits I don't see what compulsory voting would do. When did "none of the above" ever change anything.

Mind you I can see monster raving loony doing quite well.

3. If people can't be arrsed to take an interest in politics, nor motivate their arrses to the polls, let them stay home. Better for the country if they don't have a say.

4. I'd support compulsory voting. It would do away with all the arguments that a Government doesn't really have a mandate and to be honest, the current state of affairs with huge swathes of people not bothering to turn up to vote is not at all satisfactory when we are touting ourselves around the world stage as a democracy.

So yeah! Go for it!!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. I turn out and cast my vote by drawing cocks on my ballot paper.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I'm for it too, as long as we get an option not to vote for one of the spineless ****ing greedy bastarding parties that are on a different ****ing planet to the rest of the population.

Thank Christ I'm getting out of this country.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Like this?

ImageUploadedByARRSE1348527312.580251.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. I can name the President and the Vice President, I can name the candidates running against them, and I can accurately locate both Canada and Mexico on a map. Which is more than I can say for a great number of my fellow citizens, and I daresay the same goes for many in your country. I have absolutely no desire to give them a greater voice in my country's government than they already have: "Show up and vote if you want, if not, stay the fcuk home".

9. I think you are confusing genitalia. He is the other one.

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

honoured members, for those of you against my motion. Non turn out punishable by a fine of £9230.

That's half of the weekly ESA ( Dole) payments for a period of one parliament.

11. Sadly in my experience and I am on my fourth or is it fifth none of them are any different

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why do you want to encourage society's leeches to go to the polls and vote themselves more bread and circuses?

13. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

because a whole bunch of them still won't do it and won't believe it until, bam, court fine reducing their benefits by half. As for the future well they are taking out of the goddam system least the bastards can do is get off their arrses and become invested in it once every five years. Mind you we can add it for local elections as well.

14. I know most of the voting-aged people here wouldn't know a government bill if they were rogered with it, and even the ones who do vote tend to do it based on a policy of "that guy doesn't look as nice" or "Oh look, that guy has a photo of him standing with the University Meat Club. He must be a decent bloke."

15. Don't vote, don't complain.